• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assembly Member Lori Saldana's AB 1934 now online

CREWDAD

imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
District Office
1557 Columbia Street
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 645-3090
(619) 645-3094 Fax

looks like this is within the 1000' , need to check to see if they have a k-12 program

Our Lady of the Rosary Church‎

1629 Columbia Street, San Diego, CA 92101

(619) 234-4820‎

There is no school in this church, strictly a church, no school! So let's do this thing! It would need to be on a weekday when her office is open. It would also need tobea "BIG" turnout.

The only reason I think that we need to do this, is that I don't see any outward oppostion being made publicly! If you don't speak up and fight for your rights, then who will? Remember these words..... " A right not exercised is a right lost" ?

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

OPS MARINE

imported post

Code:
COMPLETE BILL HISTORY

BILL NUMBER  : A.B. No. 1934
AUTHOR	: Saldana
TOPIC	: Firearms.

TYPE OF BILL :  
Active
Non-Urgency
Non-Appropriations
Majority Vote Required
State-Mandated Local Program
Fiscal
Non-Tax Levy

BILL HISTORY
Apr. 27	From committee:  Amend, do pass as amended, and re-refer to Com. on
APPR.  (Ayes  5. Noes  2.) (April  20).
Apr. 7	Re-referred to Com. on  PUB. S.
Apr. 6	From committee chair, with author's amendments:  Amend, and re-refer
to Com. on  PUB. S. Read second time and amended.
Apr. 5	Referred to Com. on  PUB. S.
Feb. 18	From printer.  May be heard in committee  March  20.
Feb. 17	Read first time.  To print.

KS_to_CA

imported post

CA_fr_KS wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
Regarding phone calls...I just wanted to put this out there...

Saldana has already made up her mind. Her constituents must call her office and express theirdispleasure in this bill. They also need to let herknow theywill vote for the other candidate at the next election.

But for everyone else, I thinkyou really need to contact yourlocal Sheriff and Assembly member and let them know the same. They need to hear the words "If you support this bill, I will vote you out of office and do everything I can to get all my friends and family to do the same."

To be successful in defeating this bill, IMO we need to get others to distance themselves from it.
DID. Email to my Rep:

"I do not want you to support Lori Saldana's bill AB 1934. If you support this bill I will not be able to support you in the next election and will vote you out of office. I will do everything in my power including campaigning for your opponent, to get all of my family and friends, their their friends' friends, to vote you out of office as well."
RESPONSE FROM ASSEMBLYMEMBER BLOCK

Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting me with regards to Assembly Bill 1934 (Saldaña), which seeks to make it unlawful to carry a firearm in a belt holster. This bill was recently passed by the Assembly Committee on Public Safety and will be heard in the Committee on Appropriation. I do not serve on either committee, but I will keep your views in mind should AB 1934 come before me for a vote on the Assembly Floor.

In the meantime, feel free to continue to contact me on any matters of concern to you. You may reach my office directly at (619) ***-**** or via my website ****@*****.govhttp://www.assembly.ca.gov/block.

Sincerely,

MARTY BLOCK
Assemblymember, 78th District

Iopencarry

imported post

AB1934 Assembly Appropriations Committee

has been scheduled for hearing in the Assembly Appropriations Committee on Wednesday, May 12th at 9:00am in Room 4202 at the State Capitol. (The "Status" has not been updated.)