• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good reason to have a gun

J.A.G.

imported post

I don't care how many cops there are in any city, they still can't protect you everywhere you go. We should all be able to "arm ourselves, and protect ourselves" without the bullshit we have to go through.

Hawaii FiveO

imported post

J.A.G. wrote:
I don't care how many cops there are in any city, they still can't protect you everywhere you go. We should all be able to "arm ourselves, and protect ourselves" without the bull@#$% we have to go through.

Yeah, but in this case, *one cop to patrol 750 sq. miles?* Might as well have no police protection! I'm ok with that, as long as I'm allowed to keep my arsenal.

NightOwl

imported post

I'm a little concerned by that. Imo, there should be a 2nd officer to be somewhere in the area of the first...750 sq miles means back up could be a LONG way away.

I don't think I'd take that job. Good thing they're not beating down my door and asking, eh?

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

NightOwl wrote:
I'm a little concerned by that. Imo, there should be a 2nd officer to be somewhere in the area of the first...750 sq miles means back up could be a LONG way away.

I don't think I'd take that job. Good thing they're not beating down my door and asking, eh?
I dunno about Ohio, but in California a police officer can recruit anybody to assist in bringing a criminal to justice. I'm willing to bet that law hasn't been used in forever though. I think it's CPC 150, but I think there's another section somewhere else that describes it more. Maybe near the powers of arrest section(s).

Gundude

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
NightOwl wrote:

I dunno about Ohio, but in California a police officer can recruit anybody to assist in bringing a criminal to justice. I'm willing to bet that law hasn't been used in forever though. I think it's CPC 150, but I think there's another section somewhere else that describes it more. Maybe near the powers of arrest section(s).
Isn't that called a posse? Saddle up boys, it's back to the wild west.

Packer fan

imported post

Gundude wrote:
bigtoe416 wrote:
NightOwl wrote:

Isn't that called a posse? Saddle up boys, it's back to the wild west.
And the Antis said it was gun owners that would turn things into the Old West. Me thinks its all the liberal spending by our Gov. Notice it's the police that is cut first. Why not cut State and Fed spending so the people of the county can afford police.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
About 9 years ago I had a Turlock PD Sgt ask me to assist him while making contact with a man passed out drunk in his car. I knew the man in question, and knew that he had a criminal record, including drunk driving. I also knew the man to frequently bring up that he would "never go quietly again" when talking about his prior arrest.

Fortunately, the situation was resolved without my getting too involved.

Doesn't happen terribly often, but around here at least the old-school LEOs know the average guy has their back.

PincheOgro1

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
NightOwl wrote:

Penal Code 12027: Section 12025 does not apply to, or affect, any of the following: (a)(1)(A) Any peace officer, listed in Section 830.1 or 830.2, whether active or honorably retired, other duly appointed peace officers, honorably retired peace officers listed in subdivision (c) of Section 830.5, other honorably retired peace officers who during the course and scope of their employment as peace officers were authorized to, and did, carry firearms, full-time paid peace officers of other states and the federal government who are carrying out official duties while in California, or any person summoned by any of these officers to assist in making arrests or preserving the peace while he or she is actually engaged in assisting that officer.