Thread: NYC is why Washington gun laws should not change

Post imported post

New York City is why Evergreen State should not change its gun laws

[size=As this is written Monday morning, April 12, there has not been a single homicide so far this year in unincorporated King County or any of several cities that contract with the King County Sheriff's Office for law enforcement services][/size].

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m4d12-NYC-is-why-Evergreen-State-should-not-change-gun-laws

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/yb37cwd

Post imported post

I interpret the above article to mean that Dave Workman believes that laws in WA should not be made more prohibitive. I believe that the State of Washington should change its gun laws as follows:
    • Full preemption, rather than 99% preemption.
    • Removal of prohibition of non-carry zones which are not secured by metal detectors and safe storage lock boxes.
    • Repeal of CPL licensing requirement for OC in vehicles.
    • Repeal of CPL requirements for concealed carry.
    • Repeal of requirement for the state police to act as an intermediary in NICS checks.
    • Repeal of prohibition of NFA items.
    • Passage of a sovereignty bill similar to the one that was recently passed on Wyoming.
    • Repeal of all age discrimination laws that affect those in the range of 18-21.

Post imported post

44Brent wrote:
    I disagree and believe that State of Washington should change its gun laws as follows:
    • Removal of prohibition of non-carry zones which are not secured by metal detectors and safe storage lock boxes.
    • Repeal of requirement for the state police to act as an intermediary in NICS checks.
    • Passage of a sovereignty bill similar to the one that was recently passed on Wyoming.
    • Repeal of all age discrimination laws that affect those in the range of 18-21.
    Well, in an ideal world.....

Dream on.....

Post imported post

44Brent wrote:
    I interpret the above article to mean that Dave Workman believes that laws in WA should not be made more prohibitive. I believe that the State of Washington should change its gun laws as follows:
    I am curious what "zones" you are talking about.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

1. Schools.
    2. Music festivals.

Post imported post

44Brent wrote:
    1. Schools.
    2. Music festivals.
    3. 21+ areas
    4. state courtrooms where the entire building is a court
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

44Brent wrote:
    1. Schools.
    2. Music festivals.
    That makes sense.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

44Brent wrote:
    i would be the happiest man in WA!

-matt

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Not just a dream if we work on it.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)