Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constitutional Carry Will She?

Post imported post

Think she will sign the bill or not? First it seemed pretty certain that she would then after the last alert it seemed more like a flip of the coin. What way would you bet on??

Post imported post

I think she'll sign it. This radio guy is only one voter with an opinion. Anybody who 'calls' is non-verifiable as a 'Zonie anyway... unlike the e-mails.

She signed the other two.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Everyone needs to contact her office, info on how to do it is here.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum10/41825-2.html

There has been a lot of negative campaigning on KFYI andthe supposed conservative Barry Young show. You can find out about that on that link also.

Post imported post

I think she will sign, all we have to worry about is a veto and look at the vote coming out of the house. Something like 36-19. Pretty healthy margin for override season if you ask me.
    My location says I am from Sierra Vista, AZ which is where I live now but I actually lived in MO for 26 years! So please stop telling me I don't know what I'm talking about when I post in the Missouri forum!

Post imported post

Conservative Barry Young just lost his street creds. He's either a RINO or a FUDD... 'prob'ly both.

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Conservative Barry Young just lost his street creds. He's either a RINO or a FUDD... 'prob'ly both.
    A FUDD?

does that stand for F*cking Underground Dirty Democrat?

Post imported post

Nah... as in Elmer Fudd... those 'sportsmen' with their fancy trap and skeet guns... 'n once a year weekend hunters who'd never carry for defense. But... they'll have NRA stickers on everything. I used to call 'em Friggin Useless Daytrip Duck hunters

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Nah... as in Elmer Fudd... those 'sportsmen' with their fancy trap and skeet guns... 'n once a year weekend hunters who'd never carry for defense.* But... they'll have NRA stickers on everything.* I used to call 'em Friggin Useless Daytrip Duck hunters
    +1 on those definitions!
    We also called them Sunshine Sportsmen.

They are the reason we always wore 'don't shoot me I'm not a friggin deer' orange when hunting.

-MH
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

LOL, That sounds exactly like him. He kept talking about his membership at the Scottsdale Gun Club and his ability to walk past all the other 'little people' and how he doesn't stand in lines. The club has a 'Gold Club Membership'(not sure if that's the real name), but it gets you into the very fancy area of the club in the back. I'm sure that's what he was talking about.

Edit: Sorry I mispoke, it's the Titanium membership with access to the Titanium lounge with an attendant. LOL

Post imported post

Notso wrote:
    LOL, That sounds exactly like him. He kept talking about his membership at the Scottsdale Gun Club and his ability to walk past all the other 'little people' and how he doesn't stand in lines. The club has a 'Gold Club Membership'(not sure if that's the real name), but it gets you into the very fancy area of the club in the back. I'm sure that's what he was talking about.

Edit: Sorry I mispoke, it's the Titanium membership with access to the Titanium lounge with an attendant. LOL
    Barry's condescending attitude is typical of Electronic Media Personalities who believe the "little People" must wait behind him.

He works for local AM radio, a sinking ship.

Post imported post

I called twice, once on Saturday and left a voicemail, again today and talked to a human female.

I'm moving to PHX in 2-3 months, and if brewer don't sign that bill I'll help campaign against her next time primaries come around. Even ol' Sheriff Joe supports constitutional carry, so I don't see how any right thinking person could oppose it.

Post imported post

I say we make Joe govenor... i think he'd do better fixing the state.

Post imported post

I don't know if Brewer is going for a re-run or not...Hubby and I have decided to back Owen 'Buz' Mills. Former Marine (currently Reserve), owner of Gunsite Academy, NRA Board member, among other things.

According to his flyer: "Buz opposes any sort of amnesty or taxpayer funding for illiegal immigrants. With billion dollar deficits, our state cannot afford the financial burden of those who come into our state illegally." Boy, oh boy! That would sure free up the money Prop 100 is trying to steal from AZ residents for education stuff!

Primary is August 24th. http://www.buz4gov.com "Not Politics. Results"

Sheriff Joe should run for Attorney General. HAH! Wouldn't that be a hoot!

:celebrate

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Nah... as in Elmer Fudd... those 'sportsmen' with their fancy trap and skeet guns... 'n once a year weekend hunters who'd never carry for defense. But... they'll have NRA stickers on everything. I used to call 'em Friggin Useless Daytrip Duck hunters
    They are also referred to as "Golfers With Guns."

Post imported post

RockyAcres wrote:
    I don't know if Brewer is going for a re-run or not...Hubby and I have decided to back Owen 'Buz' Mills. Former Marine (currently Reserve), owner of Gunsite Academy, NRA Board member, among other things.

According to his flyer: "Buz opposes any sort of amnesty or taxpayer funding for illiegal immigrants. With billion dollar deficits, our state cannot afford the financial burden of those who come into our state illegally." Boy, oh boy! That would sure free up the money Prop 100 is trying to steal from AZ residents for education stuff!

Primary is August 24th. http://www.buz4gov.com "Not Politics. Results"

I'll stick with Brewer. She has proved to everyone that she believes in the 2nd amendment. It is very easy for someone to say that they would have signed the bill when they aren't in a position to sign the bill. As far as gun rights go Brewer has talked the talk and walked the walk. I in no way could not give her my 100% support for her standing up for us.

Far as him owning Gunsite one of the largest CCW instructors who runs insight firearms was sending out E-Mail against the bill. Beside the last I looked a couple years ago Gunsite had a bunch of requirements us commoners had to be able to meet to even train down their. Not that I would anyway their are far better places to train and cheaper to

Post imported post

lostone1413 wrote:
    RockyAcres wrote:

Primary is August 24th.* http://www.buz4gov.com* "Not Politics. Results"

I'll stick with Brewer. She has proved to everyone that she believes in the 2nd amendment. It is very easy for someone to say that they would have signed the bill when they aren't in a position to sign the bill. As far as gun rights go Brewer has talked the talk and walked the walk. I in no way could not give her my 100% support for her standing up for us.

Far as him owning Gunsite one of the largest CCW instructors who runs insight firearms was sending out E-Mail against the bill. Beside the last I looked a couple years ago Gunsite had a bunch of requirements us commoners had to be able to meet to even train down their. Not that I would anyway their are far better places to train and cheaper to
    Now that she signed it, that's walking the walk. She has my vote.

Post imported post

lostone1413 wrote:
    Far as him owning Gunsite one of the largest CCW instructors who runs insight firearms was sending out E-Mail against the bill.
    Interesting...any chance you, or any one else, wouldbe able to post a copy of that email here?

Hubby spoke with Mr. Mills at the Tucson Tea Party, specifically about this bill, and he (Mr. Mills) "...was all for it".

Post imported post

Gunsite Academy is on Facebook. This is a copy of their comment regarding the CC bill:

Gunsite AcademyGood news! Constitutional carry has passed in Arizona. Once the law kicks in a concealed weapons permit will no longer be required to carry in the state. Permits will still be issued for those wanting to get them but the requirement for a state mandated 8 hour class is dropped and training (at Gunsite for example), prior military or police experience and other qualificatuions will take the place of the class.

I found nothing there that was to the contrary byMr.Mills.

Post imported post

RockyAcres wrote:
    lostone1413 wrote:
    Far as him owning Gunsite one of the largest CCW instructors who runs insight firearms was sending out E-Mail against the bill.
    Interesting...any chance you, or any one else, wouldbe able to post a copy of that email here?

Hubby spoke with Mr. Mills at the Tucson Tea Party, specifically about this bill, and he (Mr. Mills) "...was all for it".
    I must have deleted it. It was put out the one I got from Insight Firearms Training. They do most of the training up in Prescott. Most of the classes are at High Noon Gun Shop. Maybe someone from the Prescott area has a copy yet

Post imported post

I didn't see anything about Gunsite, but I did email Insight when I found out they were against the bill. I got back a long, respectful, well-stated reply that basically said that they felt there exist valid reasons to infringe on our rights.

Post imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
    I didn't see anything about Gunsite, but I did email Insight when I found out they were against the bill. I got back a long, respectful, well-stated reply that basically said that they felt there exist valid reasons to infringe on our rights.
    The Valid reason they had would be maybe a drop in class size. To me anyone who would be against the bill would also be against open carry. Or they would have to tell me why a gun could be more dangerous carried one way then another

Post imported post

lostone1413 wrote:
    mzbk2l wrote:
    The Valid reason they had would be maybe a drop in class size. To me anyone who would be against the bill would also be against open carry. Or they would have to tell me why a gun could be more dangerous carried one way then another
    That was the premise of my reasonably polite email to them (subject: "Your profits vs. our rights?"), and that's what I still believe.

I was impressed, however, that they took the time to respond individually with a well-written and polite email defending their position. I continue to disagree with their position, but I appreciated the response and the manner in which they responded. If their customer service is anything like that, I probably won't cross them off my list of places to train, in spite of their attempt to prevent the law from passing.

Post imported post

Anything that affects the CCW permit industry's ricebowl is gonna be argued. I've encountgered people here who had no idea you could carry w/o permit. (Most people misunderstand what rights are anyway.) The CCW ads they hear on the radio and the TV talking headslead the uninitiated to assume permits are 'required'.Open carry is 'whispered' in secret places... a mysterious rumor.

It must be remembered that many noobs come here from no-gun, anti-gun states and municipalities. Omission of 'fact' is a common occurance, as is misrepresentation of those facts. Hell... most of the country is just waking up to the 'fact' that Starbucks complies with state laws as tho this is something new. Sadly... Joe 'n Jane Sixpack are generally oblivious. Even here.

Post imported post

AZ legislature will be ending the session this evening "Sine Die" let the count down to constitutional carry begin.

Post imported post

Just got word from Sen. Jack Harper, Sine Die probably tomorrow. No count down tonight...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast