• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry Will She?

lostone1413

imported post

Think she will sign the bill or not? First it seemed pretty certain that she would then after the last alert it seemed more like a flip of the coin. What way would you bet on??

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I think she'll sign it. This radio guy is only one voter with an opinion. Anybody who 'calls' is non-verifiable as a 'Zonie anyway... unlike the e-mails.

She signed the other two.

mFonz77

imported post

I think she will sign, all we have to worry about is a veto and look at the vote coming out of the house. Something like 36-19. Pretty healthy margin for override season if you ask me.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Conservative Barry Young just lost his street creds. He's either a RINO or a FUDD... 'prob'ly both.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Nah... as in Elmer Fudd... those 'sportsmen' with their fancy trap and skeet guns... 'n once a year weekend hunters who'd never carry for defense. But... they'll have NRA stickers on everything. I used to call 'em Friggin Useless Daytrip Duck hunters

March Hare

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Nah... as in Elmer Fudd... those 'sportsmen' with their fancy trap and skeet guns... 'n once a year weekend hunters who'd never carry for defense.  But... they'll have NRA stickers on everything.  I used to call 'em Friggin Useless Daytrip Duck hunters

+1 on those definitions!
We also called them Sunshine Sportsmen.

They are the reason we always wore 'don't shoot me I'm not a friggin deer' orange when hunting.

-MH

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LOL, That sounds exactly like him. He kept talking about his membership at the Scottsdale Gun Club and his ability to walk past all the other 'little people' and how he doesn't stand in lines. The club has a 'Gold Club Membership'(not sure if that's the real name), but it gets you into the very fancy area of the club in the back. I'm sure that's what he was talking about.

Edit: Sorry I mispoke, it's the Titanium membership with access to the Titanium lounge with an attendant. LOL

GWbiker

imported post

Notso wrote:
LOL, That sounds exactly like him. He kept talking about his membership at the Scottsdale Gun Club and his ability to walk past all the other 'little people' and how he doesn't stand in lines. The club has a 'Gold Club Membership'(not sure if that's the real name), but it gets you into the very fancy area of the club in the back. I'm sure that's what he was talking about.

Edit: Sorry I mispoke, it's the Titanium membership with access to the Titanium lounge with an attendant. LOL

Barry's condescending attitude is typical of Electronic Media Personalities who believe the "little People" must wait behind him.

He works for local AM radio, a sinking ship.:uhoh:

DustoneGT

imported post

I called twice, once on Saturday and left a voicemail, again today and talked to a human female.

I'm moving to PHX in 2-3 months, and if brewer don't sign that bill I'll help campaign against her next time primaries come around. Even ol' Sheriff Joe supports constitutional carry, so I don't see how any right thinking person could oppose it.

RockyAcres

imported post

I don't know if Brewer is going for a re-run or not...Hubby and I have decided to back Owen 'Buz' Mills. Former Marine (currently Reserve), owner of Gunsite Academy, NRA Board member, among other things.

According to his flyer: "Buz opposes any sort of amnesty or taxpayer funding for illiegal immigrants. With billion dollar deficits, our state cannot afford the financial burden of those who come into our state illegally." Boy, oh boy! That would sure free up the money Prop 100 is trying to steal from AZ residents for education stuff!

Primary is August 24th. http://www.buz4gov.com "Not Politics. Results"

Sheriff Joe should run for Attorney General. HAH! Wouldn't that be a hoot!

:celebrate

azcdlfred

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Nah... as in Elmer Fudd... those 'sportsmen' with their fancy trap and skeet guns... 'n once a year weekend hunters who'd never carry for defense. But... they'll have NRA stickers on everything. I used to call 'em Friggin Useless Daytrip Duck hunters
They are also referred to as "Golfers With Guns." :D

lostone1413

imported post

RockyAcres wrote:
I don't know if Brewer is going for a re-run or not...Hubby and I have decided to back Owen 'Buz' Mills. Former Marine (currently Reserve), owner of Gunsite Academy, NRA Board member, among other things.

According to his flyer: "Buz opposes any sort of amnesty or taxpayer funding for illiegal immigrants. With billion dollar deficits, our state cannot afford the financial burden of those who come into our state illegally." Boy, oh boy! That would sure free up the money Prop 100 is trying to steal from AZ residents for education stuff!

Primary is August 24th. http://www.buz4gov.com "Not Politics. Results"

I'll stick with Brewer. She has proved to everyone that she believes in the 2nd amendment. It is very easy for someone to say that they would have signed the bill when they aren't in a position to sign the bill. As far as gun rights go Brewer has talked the talk and walked the walk. I in no way could not give her my 100% support for her standing up for us.

Far as him owning Gunsite one of the largest CCW instructors who runs insight firearms was sending out E-Mail against the bill. Beside the last I looked a couple years ago Gunsite had a bunch of requirements us commoners had to be able to meet to even train down their. Not that I would anyway their are far better places to train and cheaper to

DustoneGT

imported post

lostone1413 wrote:
RockyAcres wrote:

Primary is August 24th.  http://www.buz4gov.com  "Not Politics. Results"

I'll stick with Brewer. She has proved to everyone that she believes in the 2nd amendment. It is very easy for someone to say that they would have signed the bill when they aren't in a position to sign the bill. As far as gun rights go Brewer has talked the talk and walked the walk. I in no way could not give her my 100% support for her standing up for us.

Far as him owning Gunsite one of the largest CCW instructors who runs insight firearms was sending out E-Mail against the bill. Beside the last I looked a couple years ago Gunsite had a bunch of requirements us commoners had to be able to meet to even train down their. Not that I would anyway their are far better places to train and cheaper to

Now that she signed it, that's walking the walk. She has my vote.

RockyAcres

imported post

lostone1413 wrote:
Far as him owning Gunsite one of the largest CCW instructors who runs insight firearms was sending out E-Mail against the bill.
Interesting...any chance you, or any one else, wouldbe able to post a copy of that email here?

Hubby spoke with Mr. Mills at the Tucson Tea Party, specifically about this bill, and he (Mr. Mills) "...was all for it".

RockyAcres

imported post

Gunsite Academy is on Facebook. This is a copy of their comment regarding the CC bill:

Gunsite Academy Good news! Constitutional carry has passed in Arizona. Once the law kicks in a concealed weapons permit will no longer be required to carry in the state. Permits will still be issued for those wanting to get them but the requirement for a state mandated 8 hour class is dropped and training (at Gunsite for example), prior military or police experience and other qualificatuions will take the place of the class.

I found nothing there that was to the contrary byMr.Mills.

lostone1413

imported post

RockyAcres wrote:
lostone1413 wrote:
Far as him owning Gunsite one of the largest CCW instructors who runs insight firearms was sending out E-Mail against the bill.
Interesting...any chance you, or any one else, wouldbe able to post a copy of that email here?

Hubby spoke with Mr. Mills at the Tucson Tea Party, specifically about this bill, and he (Mr. Mills) "...was all for it".
I must have deleted it. It was put out the one I got from Insight Firearms Training. They do most of the training up in Prescott. Most of the classes are at High Noon Gun Shop. Maybe someone from the Prescott area has a copy yet

mzbk2l

imported post

I didn't see anything about Gunsite, but I did email Insight when I found out they were against the bill. I got back a long, respectful, well-stated reply that basically said that they felt there exist valid reasons to infringe on our rights.