• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry Will She?

lostone1413

imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
I didn't see anything about Gunsite, but I did email Insight when I found out they were against the bill. I got back a long, respectful, well-stated reply that basically said that they felt there exist valid reasons to infringe on our rights.
The Valid reason they had would be maybe a drop in class size. To me anyone who would be against the bill would also be against open carry. Or they would have to tell me why a gun could be more dangerous carried one way then another

mzbk2l

imported post

lostone1413 wrote:
mzbk2l wrote:
I didn't see anything about Gunsite, but I did email Insight when I found out they were against the bill. I got back a long, respectful, well-stated reply that basically said that they felt there exist valid reasons to infringe on our rights.
The Valid reason they had would be maybe a drop in class size. To me anyone who would be against the bill would also be against open carry. Or they would have to tell me why a gun could be more dangerous carried one way then another
That was the premise of my reasonably polite email to them (subject: "Your profits vs. our rights?"), and that's what I still believe.

I was impressed, however, that they took the time to respond individually with a well-written and polite email defending their position. I continue to disagree with their position, but I appreciated the response and the manner in which they responded. If their customer service is anything like that, I probably won't cross them off my list of places to train, in spite of their attempt to prevent the law from passing.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Anything that affects the CCW permit industry's ricebowl is gonna be argued. I've encountgered people here who had no idea you could carry w/o permit. (Most people misunderstand what rights are anyway.) The CCW ads they hear on the radio and the TV talking headslead the uninitiated to assume permits are 'required'.Open carry is 'whispered' in secret places... a mysterious rumor.

It must be remembered that many noobs come here from no-gun, anti-gun states and municipalities. Omission of 'fact' is a common occurance, as is misrepresentation of those facts. Hell... most of the country is just waking up to the 'fact' that Starbucks complies with state laws as tho this is something new. Sadly... Joe 'n Jane Sixpack are generally oblivious. Even here.

Craig_M

imported post

AZ legislature will be ending the session this evening "Sine Die" let the count down to constitutional carry begin.

Craig_M

imported post

Just got word from Sen. Jack Harper, Sine Die probably tomorrow. No count down tonight...:banghead:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Craig_M wrote:
Just got word from Sen. Jack Harper, Sine Die probably tomorrow. No count down tonight...:banghead:
So... the permitless CCW will go into effect along with all the rest of it? 1070 included?

Dahwg

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Craig_M wrote:
So... the permitless CCW will go into effect along with all the rest of it?  1070 included?

90 days after Sine Die, so the countdown begins as soon as they call it quits.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
Craig_M wrote:
So... the permitless CCW will go into effect along with all the rest of it? 1070 included?

90 days after Sine Die, so the countdown begins as soon as they call it quits.
OK... got it.