• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wanted: Virginia OC ladies

andiewrites

imported post

Hi, I'm a journalist working for UK Marie Claire working on a piece about the women of Open Carry.

I'm in the middle of writing the article now, and it's going really well, but I'm also hoping to organise a (photo!) shoot of female Open Carriers on the 15th or 16th of April.

I've spoken to women of all ages for the feature but for this particular photo I'm looking for women in their 20s and 30s who are happy to be photographed carrying out and about, and provide me with a few quotes about why they carry and what their rights mean to them.

The shoot is going to be in Virginia (exact town to be confirmed) and we'll pay your travel expenses there, of course. If you're interested, or have any questions at all, please PM me or reply to this thread. You can read my earlier thread, which explains a little more about the article, under the thread I started called "Young Female and Armed?"

Thanks so much to everyone on the site who's helped me, whether you've been suggesting stats or people it's all been invaluable. I'll make sure you get to see the finished product!

All the best

Andreina

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Good luck, Andreina.

I'm not exactly Marie Claire material (over 50 and over weight <grin>), but I hope you get what you need.

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I took some photos at a concealed carry class last weekend that you might be able to use. I willneed approval from both the courseinstructor and the individual ladies before I can make them available.

I haven't downloaded them yet so I'll see if there are any useable shots before I do anything else.

Again, the pics are from a class where the students are using open holsters...not street scenes of open carry.

:cool:

andiewrites

imported post

Thanks for your kind offer - I think we've managed to sort out the shoot for now, and I think our picture ed might call in some stills of the 2a march, too.

Thanks once again to everyone who's helped with this!
Andreina

mrsjero1987

imported post

This sounds really exciting. I look forward to reading your article and seeing the pictures. I was at the 2a rally it was great :0)