• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of South Milwaukee

hunter9mm

imported post

Statkowski wrote:
What's interesting is that you can't go from the north end of town to the south end, or vice versa, without going through one or more (so-called) Gun Free School Zones.
If you look at most Wisconsin cities,a lot of them work the same way. Makes one think about how/why the 1000' ruling came to be???

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

hunter9mm wrote:
Makes one think about how/why the 1000' ruling came to be???
§ 921(a) of U.S.C. Title 18,The term school zone means in, or on the grounds of, a public, parochial or private school; or within a distance of 1,000 feet from the grounds of a public, parochial or private school. The term school means a school which provides elementary or secondary education, as determined under State law.

Is it paranoia if they're really after you?

hunter9mm

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
hunter9mm wrote:
Makes one think about how/why the 1000' ruling came to be???
§ 921(a) of U.S.C. Title 18,The term school zone means in, or on the grounds of, a public, parochial or private school; or within a distance of 1,000 feet from the grounds of a public, parochial or private school. The term school means a school which provides elementary or secondary education, as determined under State law.

Is it paranoia if they're really after you?
Doug, GeeThanks for posting § 921(a) of U.S.C. Title 18, (for the umpteenth time)which I have read before and am familiar with. The intent of my comment was not to see the words as written, but questioned why they chose the "Magic 1000 feet" referenced by the "came to be" portion of the post. Didn't feel any paranoia then or now about this subject, as at this point, we really have no choice BUT to work to change the law. Just bringing up a thought provoking question.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WOW, you only have 7 schools in South Milwaukee? I think we have 7 middle schools in Racine... I don't know exactly though...:?