Thread: A couple of very interesting 2A videos...

Post imported post

Post imported post

The original German document source behind the 1968 Gun Act was very interesting....

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar

Post imported post

I think the lady in the first video put it really well:

"If the law says that I can't buy a certain gun, that I can't carry a certain way. I abide by that, because I'm law-abiding. But the criminals are the ones that carry, buy any type of gun that they want, and are empowered."

I'm not so sure I like the spin on it that the criminals are the ones freely exercising their rights to self defense, but they make a good argument.
    There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting. I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing. Doomed to crumble, unless we grow and strengthen our communication. -Tool, "Schism"

Post imported post

mcdonalk wrote:
    I think the lady in the first video put it really well:

"If the law says that I can't buy a certain gun, that I can't carry a certain way. I abide by that, because I'm law-abiding. But the criminals are the ones that carry, buy any type of gun that they want, and are empowered."

I'm not so sure I like the spin on it that the criminals are the ones freely exercising their rights to self defense, but they make a good argument.
    Criminals ARE the ones freely exercising their rights. They always have. We, on the other hand, have had to wait for the laws to change or challenge them to get them changed or overruled. They have the rights, we have had the responsibility. We need to aim the laws at the criminals, not create criminals out of the law-abiding!
    Check out my home page @ www.alabamaopencarry.com and Carry On!

Post imported post

AL Ranger wrote:
    Criminals ARE the ones freely exercising their rights. They always have. We, on the other hand, have had to wait for the laws to change or challenge them to get them changed or overruled. They have the rights, we have had the responsibility. We need to aim the laws at the criminals, not create criminals out of the law-abiding!
    They never surrendered them.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Post imported post

Touche!
    Check out my home page @ www.alabamaopencarry.com and Carry On!