Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Politic's

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Darby Montana
    Posts
    34

    Post imported post

    Hillary Clinton being considered for SCOTUS. I believe her views are to far to the left and her anti-gun views are dangerous. I think she would get "Borked" if Obama is stupid enough to nominate her.
    Evil rarely comes in the form of monsters, but rather in the form of relatively normal people who, for reasons of careers, ideology, or desire for society's approval, are indifferent to the human consequences of their actions. Hannah Arendt

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546

    Post imported post

    ridgerunner98570 wrote:
    Hillary Clinton being considered for SCOTUS. I believe her views are to far to the left and her anti-gun views are dangerous. I think she would get "Borked" if Obama is stupid enough to nominate her.
    Cite a source, please? She's...not even a judge, currently.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,382

    Post imported post

    Tawnos wrote:
    ridgerunner98570 wrote:
    Hillary Clinton being considered for SCOTUS. I believe her views are to far to the left and her anti-gun views are dangerous. I think she would get "Borked" if Obama is stupid enough to nominate her.
    Cite a source, please? She's...not even a judge, currently.
    A source for what, the effin' rumor?

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...35-503544.html

    There is no requirement that a Justice be a judge or a lawyer or an attorney.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    1,098

    Post imported post

    Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    Tawnos wrote:
    ridgerunner98570 wrote:
    Hillary Clinton being considered for SCOTUS. I believe her views are to far to the left and her anti-gun views are dangerous. I think she would get "Borked" if Obama is stupid enough to nominate her.
    Cite a source, please? She's...not even a judge, currently.
    A source for what, the effin' rumor?

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...35-503544.html

    There is no requirement that a Justice be a judge or a lawyer or an attorney.
    It might make for a beneficial change if we had a SCJ that wasn't beholden to the system... But Ms. Clinton is not the right person IMNSHO.

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran Bookman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,424
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke


    "I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

  6. #6
    Regular Member Ruger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    548

    Post imported post

    The idea of Napolitano on the Supreme Court is scary too, and according to that article, she is still under consideration.
    Carry on!

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Post imported post

    Ruger wrote:
    The idea of Napolitano on the Supreme Court is scary too, and according to that article, she is still under consideration.
    Why would any nominee be a surprise to anyone? We knew who this man was (or should have known) when he was elected. Elections have consequences.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,128

    Post imported post

    Whoever is nominated is not likely to have views on PRTKBA to the left of Justice Stevens

  9. #9
    Regular Member Batousaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kitsap Co., Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,234

    Post imported post

    UPDATE: White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs put the speculation to rest today, saying, "The president is going to keep [Clinton] as his secretary of state."
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran Bookman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,424

    Post imported post

    Stick a fork in this one. It's done.:quirky
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke


    "I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bellingham, ,
    Posts
    608

    Post imported post

    geez guys, don't scare me like that.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Post imported post

    uncoolperson wrote:
    geez guys, don't scare me like that.
    Clinton or no, be afraid; be very afraid. This nominee will be no friend to individual freedom.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546

    Post imported post

    eye95 wrote:
    uncoolperson wrote:
    geez guys, don't scare me like that.
    Clinton or no, be afraid; be very afraid. This nominee will be no friend to individual freedom.
    Replacing like with like
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Post imported post

    Tawnos wrote:
    eye95 wrote:
    uncoolperson wrote:
    geez guys, don't scare me like that.
    Clinton or no, be afraid; be very afraid. This nominee will be no friend to individual freedom.
    Replacing like with like
    Yeah, for a twenty year renewal.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358

    Post imported post

    The only Clinton and Napolitano I want to see on the SCOTUS would be George Clinton and Judge Andrew P. Napolitano.

    As for Hillary not being eligible because she's not a judge, that doesn't matter. Nowhere in the US Code or the Constitution does it say that you must be a judge to sit on the SCOTUS.

    If memory serves, you technically don't even need to be a lawyer, or even be eligible for the Bar to sit on the Supreme Court...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alabama, ,
    Posts
    1,338

    Post imported post

    I was looking forward to her explaining why she committed perjury in her health care
    task force lawsuit. Of course there are no senators not on the take, so the question
    will never get asked sadly.
    But just think how much faster the burning down of washington will occur with
    her wacko commie rulings. She would be the best thing that could happen to save
    the country. The masses would finally realize there is no hope and insurrection
    is the only choice. Just like BHO is to gun ownership she would be to the justice system.
    That and to see her sitting on the court surrounded by the SS would be a riot.
    They could build a little box like the pope mobile for her seat, complete with shredder
    for the law and constitution.



  17. #17
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Bill said it isn't in the works for her or him to be a justice, but he also stated that some of the best judges in history of had no judicial experience.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  18. #18
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735

    Post imported post

    Of all the candidates being considered, I think the best option for gun owners would be former Georgia Supreme Court Justice Leah Ward Sears or perhaps Solicitor General Elena Kagan.

    NOTE: I did not say that either would be MY first nominee. I said OUT OF THE FIELD, they are probably the best choices.



  19. #19
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    jpierce wrote:
    Of all the candidates being considered, I think the best option for gun owners would be former Georgia Supreme Court Justice Leah Ward Sears or perhaps Solicitor General Elena Kagan.

    NOTE: I did not say that either would be MY first nominee. I said OUT OF THE FIELD, they are probably the best choices.

    Of course none are ideal from either party it seems, not just for gun rights, just irks me to no end that they vote along party lines and not strictly contstitutional.

    But you are right......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  20. #20
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,610

    Post imported post

    Meanwhile we are waiting for the shoe to drop. :?

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  21. #21
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    ridgerunner98570 wrote:
    Hillary Clinton being considered for SCOTUS.
    Are you Phucking Kidding Me?

    Maybe I should make a crank shaft out of duct tape, too?

    It's not even her Liberal agenda that is at issue. It's her complete lack of qualifications.

    But then again, look who's doing the appointing!
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •