Thread: Politic's

Post imported post

Hillary Clinton being considered for SCOTUS. I believe her views are to far to the left and her anti-gun views are dangerous. I think she would get "Borked" if Obama is stupid enough to nominate her.
    Evil rarely comes in the form of monsters, but rather in the form of relatively normal people who, for reasons of careers, ideology, or desire for society's approval, are indifferent to the human consequences of their actions. Hannah Arendt

Post imported post

ridgerunner98570 wrote:
    Hillary Clinton being considered for SCOTUS. I believe her views are to far to the left and her anti-gun views are dangerous. I think she would get "Borked" if Obama is stupid enough to nominate her.
    Cite a source, please? She's...not even a judge, currently.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:
    ridgerunner98570 wrote:
    A source for what, the effin' rumor?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...35-503544.html

There is no requirement that a Justice be a judge or a lawyer or an attorney.

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    Tawnos wrote:
    ridgerunner98570 wrote:
    A source for what, the effin' rumor?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...35-503544.html

There is no requirement that a Justice be a judge or a lawyer or an attorney.
    It might make for a beneficial change if we had a SCJ that wasn't beholden to the system... But Ms. Clinton is not the right person IMNSHO.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

The idea of Napolitano on the Supreme Court is scary too, and according to that article, she is still under consideration.
    Carry on!

Banned

Post imported post

Ruger wrote:
    The idea of Napolitano on the Supreme Court is scary too, and according to that article, she is still under consideration.
    Why would any nominee be a surprise to anyone? We knew who this man was (or should have known) when he was elected. Elections have consequences.

Post imported post

Whoever is nominated is not likely to have views on PRTKBA to the left of Justice Stevens

Post imported post

UPDATE: White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs put the speculation to rest today, saying, "The president is going to keep [Clinton] as his secretary of state."
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

Stick a fork in this one. It's done.:quirky
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

geez guys, don't scare me like that.

Banned

Post imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
    Clinton or no, be afraid; be very afraid. This nominee will be no friend to individual freedom.

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    uncoolperson wrote:
    Clinton or no, be afraid; be very afraid. This nominee will be no friend to individual freedom.
    Replacing like with like
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Banned

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:
    eye95 wrote:
    uncoolperson wrote:
    Replacing like with like
    Yeah, for a twenty year renewal.

Post imported post

The only Clinton and Napolitano I want to see on the SCOTUS would be George Clinton and Judge Andrew P. Napolitano.

As for Hillary not being eligible because she's not a judge, that doesn't matter. Nowhere in the US Code or the Constitution does it say that you must be a judge to sit on the SCOTUS.

If memory serves, you technically don't even need to be a lawyer, or even be eligible for the Bar to sit on the Supreme Court...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

I was looking forward to her explaining why she committed perjury in her health care
    task force lawsuit. Of course there are no senators not on the take, so the question
    will never get asked sadly.
    But just think how much faster the burning down of washington will occur with
    her wacko commie rulings. She would be the best thing that could happen to save
    the country. The masses would finally realize there is no hope and insurrection
    is the only choice. Just like BHO is to gun ownership she would be to the justice system.
    That and to see her sitting on the court surrounded by the SS would be a riot.
    They could build a little box like the pope mobile for her seat, complete with shredder
    for the law and constitution.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Bill said it isn't in the works for her or him to be a justice, but he also stated that some of the best judges in history of had no judicial experience.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Of all the candidates being considered, I think the best option for gun owners would be former Georgia Supreme Court Justice Leah Ward Sears or perhaps Solicitor General Elena Kagan.

NOTE: I did not say that either would be MY first nominee. I said OUT OF THE FIELD, they are probably the best choices.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

jpierce wrote:
    Of all the candidates being considered, I think the best option for gun owners would be former Georgia Supreme Court Justice Leah Ward Sears or perhaps Solicitor General Elena Kagan.

NOTE: I did not say that either would be MY first nominee. I said OUT OF THE FIELD, they are probably the best choices.

Of course none are ideal from either party it seems, not just for gun rights, just irks me to no end that they vote along party lines and not strictly contstitutional.

But you are right......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Meanwhile we are waiting for the shoe to drop. :?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

ridgerunner98570 wrote:
    Hillary Clinton being considered for SCOTUS.
    Are you Phucking Kidding Me?

Maybe I should make a crank shaft out of duct tape, too?

It's not even her Liberal agenda that is at issue. It's her complete lack of qualifications.

But then again, look who's doing the appointing!
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.