• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Politic's

ridgerunner98570

imported post

Hillary Clinton being considered for SCOTUS. I believe her views are to far to the left and her anti-gun views are dangerous. I think she would get "Borked" if Obama is stupid enough to nominate her.:banghead:

Tawnos

imported post

ridgerunner98570 wrote:
Hillary Clinton being considered for SCOTUS. I believe her views are to far to the left and her anti-gun views are dangerous. I think she would get "Borked" if Obama is stupid enough to nominate her.:banghead:
Cite a source, please? She's...not even a judge, currently.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Tawnos wrote:
ridgerunner98570 wrote:
A source for what, the effin' rumor?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20002235-503544.html

There is no requirement that a Justice be a judge or a lawyer or an attorney.

PavePusher

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Tawnos wrote:
ridgerunner98570 wrote:
A source for what, the effin' rumor?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20002235-503544.html

There is no requirement that a Justice be a judge or a lawyer or an attorney.
It might make for a beneficial change if we had a SCJ that wasn't beholden to the system... But Ms. Clinton is not the right person IMNSHO.

eye95

imported post

Ruger wrote:
The idea of Napolitano on the Supreme Court is scary too, and according to that article, she is still under consideration. :uhoh:
Why would any nominee be a surprise to anyone? We knew who this man was (or should have known) when he was elected. Elections have consequences.

Batousaii

imported post

UPDATE: White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs put the speculation to rest today, saying, "The president is going to keep [Clinton] as his secretary of state."

Dreamer

imported post

The only Clinton and Napolitano I want to see on the SCOTUS would be George Clinton and Judge Andrew P. Napolitano.

As for Hillary not being eligible because she's not a judge, that doesn't matter. Nowhere in the US Code or the Constitution does it say that you must be a judge to sit on the SCOTUS.

If memory serves, you technically don't even need to be a lawyer, or even be eligible for the Bar to sit on the Supreme Court...

SlackwareRobert

imported post

I was looking forward to her explaining why she committed perjury in her health care
task force lawsuit. Of course there are no senators not on the take, so the question
will never get asked sadly.
But just think how much faster the burning down of washington will occur with
her wacko commie rulings. She would be the best thing that could happen to save
the country. The masses would finally realize there is no hope and insurrection
is the only choice. Just like BHO is to gun ownership she would be to the justice system.
That and to see her sitting on the court surrounded by the SS would be a riot.
They could build a little box like the pope mobile for her seat, complete with shredder
for the law and constitution.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Bill said it isn't in the works for her or him to be a justice, but he also stated that some of the best judges in history of had no judicial experience.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Of all the candidates being considered, I think the best option for gun owners would be former Georgia Supreme Court Justice Leah Ward Sears or perhaps Solicitor General Elena Kagan.

NOTE: I did not say that either would be MY first nominee. I said OUT OF THE FIELD, they are probably the best choices.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

jpierce wrote:
Of all the candidates being considered, I think the best option for gun owners would be former Georgia Supreme Court Justice Leah Ward Sears or perhaps Solicitor General Elena Kagan.

NOTE: I did not say that either would be MY first nominee. I said OUT OF THE FIELD, they are probably the best choices.

Of course none are ideal from either party it seems, not just for gun rights, just irks me to no end that they vote along party lines and not strictly contstitutional.

But you are right......