• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wanted: OC ladies

andiewrites

imported post

Hi, my name's Andreina, I'm a journalist working for UK Marie Claire working on a piece about the women of Open Carry.

I'm in the middle of writing the article now, and it's going really well, but I'm also hoping to organize a (photo!) shoot of female Open Carriers on the 15th or 16th of April.

I've spoken to women of all ages for the feature but for this particular photo I'm looking for women in their 20s and 30s who are happy to be photographed carrying out and about, and provide me with a few quotes about why they carry and what their rights mean to them.

The shoot is going to be in Virginia (exact area to be confirmed but obviously it will be somewhere it's legal to carry) and we'll pay your travel expenses there, of course. If you're interested, or have any questions at all, please PM me or reply to this thread. You can read my earlier thread, which explains a little more about the article, under the thread I started called "Young Female and Armed?"

Thanks so much to everyone on the site who's helped me. I'll make sure you get to see the finished product!

All the best

Andreina

Dreamer

imported post

That date is VERY bad for folks in the US. April 15th is the deadline for filing our Federal income tax, and it's not really a day that people are happy about things in general, and may folks have a full schedule because of it. I'd suggest moving your shoot to a weekend, or later in the month...

Riana

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
That date is VERY bad for folks in the US. April 15th is the deadline for filing our Federal income tax, and it's not really a day that people are happy about things in general, and may folks have a full schedule because of it. I'd suggest moving your shoot to a weekend, or later in the month...
Definitely. I'd be willing, but it would have to be after the 15th... the tax man has my dance card full that day. :lol:

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Riana wrote:
Dreamer wrote:
Definitely. I'd be willing, but it would have to be after the 15th... the tax man has my dance card full that day. :lol:
Oh come on folks - file an automatic extension!

Riana

imported post

Mike wrote:
Riana wrote:
Dreamer wrote:
Oh come on folks - file an automatic extension!
I probably will... but I like to wait until the last minute to send that check... :cool:

OC4me

imported post

If you haven't done so already, you would do well to contact the Virginia Citizen's Defense League (vcdl.org).

They have thousands of members in the State of Virginia (many of whom are women). I'm sure they will be happy to spread the word amongst their members about your photoshoot. Open carry is fairly popular with this group too and they have had a number of open carry events!