• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Latest Word On Non-Resident OC?

V65Magnafan

imported post

I'm a U.S. citizen, but I've been out of the country. As a result, I can carry in 33 states, but not in states that require a person to be a resident of the issuing states.

West Virginia in one of these. I'll be in West Virginia next week.

Has it been affirmed that non-residents can OC in W Va? Does one need a CCW permit/licence recognized by West Virginia to do so?

Thanks in advance for info.

press1280

imported post

Not anymore. As long as you have a permit that WV recognizes, your state of residence doesn't matter. Only exception is that WV residents MUST CC on a WV permit only.

OC is legal except for a few grandfathered towns(I think Charleston, Dunbar, there could be more).

V65Magnafan

imported post

So West Virginia recognizes non-resident permits? Wow! When was that change made?

Verrrry. Interesting.

Ah. HB 3314.

So a non-resident Utah permit is recognized in West Virginia. Excellent.

Morgantown for a snack, for sure .

How is Morgantown for OC?