• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glocksmithing

malignity

imported post

I'm thinking with my tax returns, I might get a few little tweaks for my Glock 23, things to help improve my accuracy and reduce recoil. I hate to say it, but other than field stripping and basic cleaning, I don't know a damn thing about gunsmithing. Does anyone in my area (Warren) do any gun work? I'd buy the parts, I'd just need them installed.

malignity

imported post

Technically, I'm not even sure if what I'm looking to do requires real 'gunsmithing' or not. Looking to replace the plunger with another, to give a smoother trigger pull. Was gonna get a recoil buffer too, but that I can add myself with no problems.

malignity

imported post

kinda looks like I'm going to need a bit of gunsmithing after all. I wanna drop a new ghost trigger in my Glock and see how it feels. It says it requires minor gunsmithing, and that seems like something way over my head. lol.

office888

imported post

malignity wrote:
I'm thinking with my tax returns, I might get a few little tweaks for my Glock 23, things to help improve my accuracy and reduce recoil. I hate to say it, but other than field stripping and basic cleaning, I don't know a damn thing about gunsmithing. Does anyone in my area (Warren) do any gun work? I'd buy the parts, I'd just need them installed.

How to improve the trigger on your glock:

1.) Clean it
2.) Place a "For Sale" ad on MGO
3.) Buy a 1911A1

:D

Good luck!

-Richard-

malignity

imported post

Not a huge fan of 1911's, to be honest. They're okay, but the low round count turns me off quite a bit for such a large gun. I've considered trying to trade it for an H&K USP, but I don't think I can find anyone that'll do a straight trade for one; plus, that also means a new holster, etc etc.. and if I don't like it, then it's back to square one.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

malignity wrote:
Not a huge fan of 1911's, to be honest. They're okay, but the low round count turns me off quite a bit for such a large gun. I've considered trying to trade it for an H&K USP, but I don't think I can find anyone that'll do a straight trade for one; plus, that also means a new holster, etc etc.. and if I don't like it, then it's back to square one.
Para ord p14-45
14+1 round 1911
cheaper side
great shooter

malignity

imported post

you bastards are very convincing. :lol::lol::lol:

I like my plastic gun because it's light, and have always liked the look of Glocks and USP's. I'm just not happy with my accuracy. My accuracy isn't BAD, as in, I'm doing head shots at 10 yards, but not taking out eyeballs. I don't mind dumping $50 to see if I can't get me that accuracy.

I checked out those Para p14's, and almost considered it, but there's a ton of negative reviews about them. :( Maybe you got lucky with yours? lol

VietVet68

imported post

malignity wrote:
I suggest you wander over to 14 Mile & Dequinder. The name of the shop is "Double Action Firing Range/Gun Shop. They have a certified Glock armorer. Talk with Sean or Mike. Al is the owner.
It's actually on Dequinder, south of 14 Mile about 1/4 mile on the west side of the road.
But, I'll tell you what they told me about doing what you are talking about doing---it's not necessary. Field stripping is all that's needed for a Glock.

Jack

VietVet68

imported post

malignity wrote:
Technically, I'm not even sure if what I'm looking to do requires real 'gunsmithing' or not. Looking to replace the plunger with another, to give a smoother trigger pull. Was gonna get a recoil buffer too, but that I can add myself with no problems.
If you haven't already done this you might consider it, I did it. Change out the the connector for the trigger and put in a 3# connector from Wolf.
Jack

malignity

imported post

I hate to say this, but I'd rather do it myself and chance breaking my gun than take it to Double Action. I have a literal giant vendetta against that store... and I hate to say it, if they were the last gun store on this entire planet, I'd simply go gunless.

I've called them, and have been hung up on 3-4 times by rude idiots that work there, have even bothered writing them a letter that received no response, and both myself and another member of this forum have been kicked out of their store for open carrying. They are very anti-OC, to the point of putting a giant sign proudly displaying that they are, even though ALL of their employees OC. I could literally go on and on about my negative experiences there, but bottom line..

Since we're on an OC forum: No OC? No business. Have any other places to recommend by chance that allows OC?

036.jpg

VietVet68

imported post

malignity wrote:
I hate to say this, but I'd rather do it myself and chance breaking my gun than take it to Double Action. I have a literal giant vendetta against that store... and I hate to say it, if they were the last gun store on this entire planet, I'd simply go gunless.

I've called them, and have been hung up on 3-4 times by rude idiots that work there, have even bothered writing them a letter that received no response, and both myself and another member of this forum have been kicked out of their store for open carrying. They are very anti-OC, to the point of putting a giant sign proudly displaying that they are, even though ALL of their employees OC. I could literally go on and on about my negative experiences there, but bottom line..

Since we're on an OC forum: No OC? No business. Have any other places to recommend by chance that allows OC?

036.jpg

Well I was only referring him to someplace where he could get some help, I didn't say I was in love with the place.
This might sound strange but, I agree with you 100%. I've looked at that sign and it just puzzles me. As you said, ALL the employees OC in the store. I've thought about it and decided that it's just the small business owner at it's worst and he can do what he wants to. When I started getting into hand guns, last fall, I visited many gun shops in the area and found out that for the most part they are all like this, but, don't take this as an absolute because there are always exceptions.
They think they are doing you a favor by just talking to you and this attitude is passed down from management/owner. It is very irritating and next to the owner is the gunsmith they have there. I was having some feeding problems on my PPK/S during it's break in period. I asked one of the sales guys to have him take a look at it and he came out. I was at the counter & in front of me was the sales guy and directly behind him was the gunny with a scour on his face, as usual, & he's looking at my gun ( I bought it from them) and he says"What a piece of s--t." He layed it back on the counter and left.
I guess I've just been kind of ignoring what goes on there but you're right and I'll join the boycott!!

malignity

imported post

If a gunsmith ever said "What a piece of shit" to me, and walked away, I would have immediately questioned him as to why he sold me a lemon, and demanded my money back. Not only is that unprofessional, but it's obviously shady business deals imo.

VietVet68

imported post

malignity wrote:
If a gunsmith ever said "What a piece of @#$%" to me, and walked away, I would have immediately questioned him as to why he sold me a lemon, and demanded my money back. Not only is that unprofessional, but it's obviously shady business deals imo.
You've probably seen him there he always wears a ball cap pulled down to cover his eyes (he's hiding), has a beard and a really sh---y attitude. The bigger problem with that is that the younger guys working there are scared as h--- of him & he yells at them and they don't know that they don't have to take that stuff but the owner stands there and listens to it. It comes down to an old saying I heard many years ago & I still like it "Condone or condemn", it's really that simple. This guy exudes shady.

manicdevery

imported post

malignity wrote:
kinda looks like I'm going to need a bit of gunsmithing after all. I wanna drop a new ghost trigger in my Glock and see how it feels. It says it requires minor gunsmithing, and that seems like something way over my head. lol.
I installed the 3.5 lb trigger connector in my glock, it wasn't that had at all.

i also bought a titanium safety plunger that i did not care for but the spring it came with was a little lighter which helps reduce glock's aggressive trigger pull.

I would NOT recommend the recoil buffer pad. the eighth of an inch that it takes up prevents crucial slide movement for bullet feed. no one i know likes it and i hate it. it will cause unecessary jamming with little or no felt success for recoil reduction.

the only thing that i would recommend apart from that is a slug plug and talon grips. those are the easiest to put on.

Signed fellow Glock fan. devery

malignity

imported post

thanks for the tip on the recoil buffer, I won't be getting one. I was going to get the titanium safety plunger too, and now I'm not sure if I should. lol.

What trigger did you get? The Ghost 3.5lb, or the Rocket?

I was going to check out the Ghost 5lb Tactical. I was planning on getting them from here at the recommendation of Michigander.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=161

Bronson

imported post

Try THIS, it's free and it should be all you need because Glocks, by their own claim, are "perfection." The problem with your accuracy is you. It cannot possibly be the "perfect" gun. If you make any changes to it you will draw the ire of your god Gaston Glock and he will hurllightning kabooms at you.

Bronson

malignity

imported post

Bronson wrote:
Try THIS, it's free and it should be all you need because Glocks, by their own claim, are "perfection."  The problem with your accuracy is you.  It cannot possibly be the "perfect" gun.  If you make any changes to it you will draw the ire of your god Gaston Glock and he will hurl lightning kabooms at you.

Bronson

I'm sure that part of my accuracy problems is user error. Since eliminating user error is more difficult than buying a $20 part, I figured I'd start with the part first, and work on user error as much as I can. Lol. Part of my problem is that I almost always shoot alone, so even if it is user error, if I can't readily point out the problem with what I'm doing wrong, there ain't nobody gonna do it for me.

Btw, is there any targets like that for lefties?

Bronson

imported post

malignity wrote:
Btw, is there any targets like that for lefties?
Ah, there's the problem. Left handedness is a sure sign of ademonic stain on your soul. You are not worthy to touch the heavenly inspired "perfection" that is Glock. The pistol is rejecting your sinister touch.

And yes there is a left handed version of that target out there somewhere on the interwebnets....or you could just shoot the righty version and read the symptoms from the other side of the target.

Bronson