• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it crazy people week?

sirpuma

imported post

For the first time in 15 years of carrying, I actually had to draw on someone.

Some young guy came pounding on my sliding glass door a couple hours ago, so I'm on edge since we're very rural and no one should be on our property. He yells that someone is trying to beat him and his friend up. I can see by the cuts on the guys face that he's been in a scuffle so I grab my mag light and go outside. Down in my lower field are two guys fighting so I shine my light on them, draw and shout for them to freeze. One does (the guys friend). The other takes off like a jack rabbit through my briers, jumps in a car that pulls up and they take off.

Crazy people trespassing on my property. Turns out the assailant had jumped into the back of the victims pickup (while they were driving), breaks out the back window and attacks them, forcing them off the road and into a ditch across from our place. Then they take their fight into our lower pasture. Crazy guy ran off and jumped into a waiting car and they took off.

Spent some time with the Kitsap Co. Sheriffs Deputies down on the road while things got straightened out. They were a bit hostile toward me at first, but it got worked out.

Ugh! What an evening.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Glad to hear everyone's OK. Sucks the guy and his friend got beat up, hope they're doing OK as well. I'm curious how the interaction with the sheriff went.

sirpuma

imported post

The driver had a couple cuts on his face and a lump under his left eye, but they were ok. The friend got his cell phone stolen and the assailant lost a shoe that the cops now have. LOL

.45ACPaddy

imported post

sirpuma wrote:
The driver had a couple cuts on his face and a lump under his left eye, but they were ok. The friend got his cell phone stolen and the assailant lost a shoe that the cops now have. LOL
So should we keep an eye out for guys with one shoe? :lol:

Batousaii

imported post

Why the heck were the cops hostile towords you? They dont like you saving a guys life on your own property? - Cops out here seem more hostile towords citizens than in other areas i lived /worked in.

Glad your safe, that woulda freeked me out too.

sirpuma

imported post

No, that particular deputy didn't see me before and I had walked from my truck about 30 yards to them. So from his perspective I was a new face walking up on an assault scene wearing a firearm. Once it was explained who I was he was cool.

He said to me as I walked up, in a very angry sounding voice, "Who are you and why do you have a gun?" My reply was, "That's my house (pointing to where I live) and having someone pound on my window at this hour I'm going to be ready." Then the victim told him I was "the guy who saved him". Then the deputy said "Oh" and cooled down. A few minutes later he calmly took my statement.

denwego

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
sirpuma wrote:
So should we keep an eye out for guys with one shoe? :lol:

He had to run off quickly to go find the Golden Fleece :lol: