Thread: Mike and John on the Daily Show

Post imported post

They just did a OC bit on the Daily Show. At least I think it was them.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    Without a link?

Post imported post

Wc wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    Without a link?
    No link to the tv show. But, if you're in Calif, watch it at 1:30 am (tonite) for the rerun. Dunno if they run it on their home page.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

OK, Thanks!

EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

I like the daily show, but still wish they would have taken it a little more seriousness about the topic. And the joke at the end about body types - excuse me that im fluffy!
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."
    - Dave Gell (inspired by author David Weber)

"The tragic history of civilian disarmament cries a warning against any systematic attempts to render innocent citizens ill-equipped to defend themselves from tyrant terrorists, despots or oppressive majorities,"
    - Daniel Schmutter

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

Possibly the least funny daily show skit I've seen. John Pierce did a great job though considering the circumstances.

What's interesting to me is that the daily show would go out of its way to push open carriers into the "possibly gay" area. I'm sure John Stewart would claim that there's nothing wrong with somebody being gay. Then why is it funny to associate people who aren't gay as being so? Would the gag be funny if open carriers were made to be similar to patriots, scientists, honorable soldiers, great leaders, or the hard working individual? Of course not, but it's perfectly fine to compare the practicing of a right with who somebody cares to love?

Oh, and love how the uninformed Brady guy compared open carry to the "wild" west where crime was amazingly low and hardly anybody shot anybody else. Thanks for discrediting yourself.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Mildly funny. I will make this observation...as long as "they" poke fun at us, parallel our effort with the gay and lesbian effort, and do their part to make us look harmless, I would suggest that's good for us. No harm done here, and perhaps even some good.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

On an earlier Daily Show, Jon Stewart interviewed the famous Captain of the ship that was taken by pirates. He asked why they didn't have weapons on the ship. Then he suggested that they open a Starbucks on the ship. I had a good chuckle on that one.

Post imported post

I thought it was hilarious ~ you can't be on Jon Stewart and come away unscathed - I love the thematic comparisons to prior civil rights movements - and the overloaded OC'ing of the AR and 3 pistols, shouting, 'Don't stare at me!' -

this is evidence of the normalization of open carry - :celebrate

Post imported post

This guy is overloaded.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Gundude, please remove that picture. That's just wrong.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

I think Gundude has uploaded a picture of the poster boy for "Open Scarry"

Post imported post

That picture is so wrong in so many levels.