• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mike and John on the Daily Show

Gundude

imported post

Wc wrote:
Gundude wrote:
They just did a OC bit on the Daily Show. At least I think it was them.
Without a link?
No link to the tv show. But, if you're in Calif, watch it at 1:30 am (tonite) for the rerun. Dunno if they run it on their home page.

Chrisc411

imported post

I like the daily show, but still wish they would have taken it a little more seriousness about the topic. And the joke at the end about body types - excuse me that im fluffy!

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Possibly the least funny daily show skit I've seen. John Pierce did a great job though considering the circumstances.

What's interesting to me is that the daily show would go out of its way to push open carriers into the "possibly gay" area. I'm sure John Stewart would claim that there's nothing wrong with somebody being gay. Then why is it funny to associate people who aren't gay as being so? Would the gag be funny if open carriers were made to be similar to patriots, scientists, honorable soldiers, great leaders, or the hard working individual? Of course not, but it's perfectly fine to compare the practicing of a right with who somebody cares to love?

Oh, and love how the uninformed Brady guy compared open carry to the "wild" west where crime was amazingly low and hardly anybody shot anybody else. Thanks for discrediting yourself.

coolusername2007

imported post

Mildly funny. I will make this observation...as long as "they" poke fun at us, parallel our effort with the gay and lesbian effort, and do their part to make us look harmless, I would suggest that's good for us. No harm done here, and perhaps even some good.

Gundude

imported post

On an earlier Daily Show, Jon Stewart interviewed the famous Captain of the ship that was taken by pirates. He asked why they didn't have weapons on the ship. Then he suggested that they open a Starbucks on the ship. I had a good chuckle on that one.

TatankaGap

imported post

I thought it was hilarious ~ you can't be on Jon Stewart and come away unscathed - I love the thematic comparisons to prior civil rights movements - and the overloaded OC'ing of the AR and 3 pistols, shouting, 'Don't stare at me!' -

this is evidence of the normalization of open carry - :celebrate

wheels

imported post

I think Gundude has uploaded a picture of the poster boy for "Open Scarry"