Thread: An Aussie gets it right...

Post imported post

http://www.millionface.com/l/gun-con...e-at-his-best/

Gun Control - Major General Peter Cosgrove at his best.By Sheern Tami on Saturday, July 26th, 2008,

For those that don’t know him, Major General Peter Cosgrove is an Australian treasure General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio recently.
    You’ll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of an ABC interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
    We’re going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    Shooting! That’s a bit irresponsible, isn’t it?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
    I don’t see why, they’ll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    Don’t you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
    I don’t see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.!

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    But you’re equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE:
    Well, Ma’am, you’re equipped to be a prostitute, but you’re not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggressionand this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Brilliant!

Post imported post

Oh Snap!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

NICE!!!!!! I am going to borrow that line.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

Yeah that one has been around since Christ was a Corporal. Years ago nearly had to tell a female Lieutenant that, but stripes are better than snipes especially to a buck Sergeant.

Defensor

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
    DEFENSOR wrote:
    Yeah that one has been around since Christ was a Corporal. Years ago nearly had to tell a female Lieutenant that, but stripes are better than snipes especially to a buck Sergeant.

Defensor
    Please tell me that you weren't in 606th Ordnance Company in Bitburg, Germany during the late eighties, early nineties.

I was in the same position as you were except I was wearing the stripes of a Sergeant First Class. I was lucky to get out of that unit still wearing those stripes. By far the worst one I was ever in and bear in mind that I also spent a couple of years in the Alabama National Guard!!

To all you Guardsmen: Times have changed. Back then (in the late sixties)the Alabama Guard was a joke.
    Hello SFC,

No unfortunately my only trip to Germany was REFORGER "88" Sept.-Oct. The ROTC superstar and I worked together at Ft.Rucker Al. 2/229th Avn Regt. 18th Abn corps. 91-94. "Ma'am @#$*&%(@)" I sure loved being at Rucker though.

Defensor