• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An Aussie gets it right...

Dreamer

imported post

http://www.millionface.com/l/gun-control-major-general-peter-cosgrove-at-his-best/

Gun Control - Major General Peter Cosgrove at his best.By Sheern Tami on Saturday, July 26th, 2008,

For those that don’t know him, Major General Peter Cosgrove is an Australian treasure General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio recently.
You’ll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of an ABC interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
We’re going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Shooting! That’s a bit irresponsible, isn’t it?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don’t see why, they’ll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Don’t you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don’t see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.!

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
But you’re equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE:
Well, Ma’am, you’re equipped to be a prostitute, but you’re not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

DEFENSOR

imported post

Yeah that one has been around since Christ was a Corporal. Years ago nearly had to tell a female Lieutenant that, but stripes are better than snipes especially to a buck Sergeant.

Defensor

DEFENSOR

imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
DEFENSOR wrote:
Yeah that one has been around since Christ was a Corporal. Years ago nearly had to tell a female Lieutenant that, but stripes are better than snipes especially to a buck Sergeant.

Defensor

Please tell me that you weren't in 606th Ordnance Company in Bitburg, Germany during the late eighties, early nineties.

I was in the same position as you were except I was wearing the stripes of a Sergeant First Class. I was lucky to get out of that unit still wearing those stripes. By far the worst one I was ever in and bear in mind that I also spent a couple of years in the Alabama National Guard!!

To all you Guardsmen: Times have changed. Back then (in the late sixties)the Alabama Guard was a joke.
Hello SFC,

No unfortunately my only trip to Germany was REFORGER "88" Sept.-Oct. The ROTC superstar and I worked together at Ft.Rucker Al. 2/229th Avn Regt. 18th Abn corps. 91-94. "Ma'am @#$*&%(@)" I sure loved being at Rucker though.

Defensor