Thread: OC long guns

Post imported post

I have searched oregon law and these and other forums and still can't find a direct answer so I'm making a new thread.

First off I have a CHL.

Now there is a political rally in front of the federal courthouse in Eugene in a few days. I want to know if I can carry my rifle slung across my back. It's an AK47 variant. I want to do this solely for he purpose to protest, i.e. I'm not doing this at any other time. I plan to remain on the sidewalk(public property) the whole time.

If the answer is yes then I also would wonder Mag in, Loaded mag in, round in chamber. Solely for the purpose of understanding the law completely.

I don't plan on taking rounds for it since I'll have plenty for my glock in the first place. But I would like to have the magazine in to maximize the visible profile of the weapon. I am willing to be harassed by LEOs, but not willing to break the law. I am waiting to hear back from my lawyer and the Lane county sheriffs office but we all know how little they know.

Any info would be helpful

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

You might want to check with oregon firearms federation.

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/

Post imported post

I just sent an email to Oregon Firearms Fed asking about OC of long guns, especially ARs since I wanted to know also, and their reply is this:

Yes. In some places they would have to be unloaded. However that restriction does not apply to license holders. Keep in mind, most police do not know the law, so you could find yourself being shot.
    If you go through with it, I would find someone with a video camcorder who you know and trust. Although this isn't the USSR of Kalifornia (where I live) where you WOULD be shot (well, more than likely), I would expect to have like firepower pointed your way, and plenty of those on the "other side" going bananas and trying to . If you haven't gone yet, send OFF a quick note asking the same. Their email contact info is here: Email OFF

Just my $0.02, have a good time, and let us know how it went.

Erik

Post imported post

I ended up going and not taking my AK just rocking the glock 19 on my belt. I doubt anything would have come of it, but I just thought does this help or hurt my cause and finally decided that ultimately the cons outweighed he goods.