Thread: motorcycle riding this weekend

Post imported post

gonna be riding from milwaukee up towards the lacrosse area friday afternoon/evening, and staying at a friends house. stay up there for the weekend and put upwards to 1,000miles on the bike and head back sometime sunday afternoon.

anybody interested???

depending on how many people come with, could either crash at my buddies, otherwise there is a motel up in that area. my buddy knows the owner, so could maybe hook up some rates.

Post imported post

Wish I could make it, but I still have to replace the tires, repack the bearings, change the drive oil, adjust or replace the tree bearings etc....

All on practicly $0.00

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Post imported post

How far north do you plan to make it. I might be intrested in meeting upif I can get my speedometer working first. Although I have an enduro so anything over a hundred miles is more than I am intrested in.

Post imported post

Hillmann wrote:
    How far north do you plan to make it.¬* I might be intrested in meeting up¬*if I can get my speedometer working first.¬* Although I have an enduro so anything over a hundred miles is more than I am intrested in.

¬*
    nothing set in stone yet, but we're thinking somewhere in the lacrosse area. last time i went to hang out with my buddies there we did an average of 300-400miles per day.

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
    Hillmann wrote:
    How far north do you plan to make it. I might be intrested in meeting upif I can get my speedometer working first. Although I have an enduro so anything over a hundred miles is more than I am intrested in.

nothing set in stone yet, but we're thinking somewhere in the lacrosse area. last time i went to hang out with my buddies there we did an average of 300-400miles per day.
    Probably not then.But if your plans change and you do end up further north (Rice Lake area) I would like to meet up and ride along for a while. Although like I said I have an enduro so I would be more intrested in riding up to the Blue hills area on the gravel roads and slower speeds.

Post imported post

Hillmann wrote:
    scorpio_vette wrote:
    Hillmann wrote:
    How far north do you plan to make it.¬* I might be intrested in meeting up¬*if I can get my speedometer working first.¬* Although I have an enduro so anything over a hundred miles is more than I am intrested in.

¬*
    Probably not then.¬*But if your plans change and you do end up further north (Rice Lake area) I would like to meet up and ride along for a while.¬* Although like I said I have an enduro so I would be more intrested in riding up to the Blue hills area on the gravel roads and slower speeds.
    send me a pm with your phone number and the area your in, and if we get that way, i'll give you a call.

Post imported post

I remember years ago I went "off roading" with my cb650 (full fairing, sterio, hard bags and a trunk) down somewhere in Scorps neck of the woods. Some fields or sumptin, didnt go very fast but I got through it.

Post imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
    I remember years ago I went "off roading" with my cb650 (full fairing, sterio, hard bags and a trunk) down somewhere in Scorps neck of the woods. Some fields or sumptin, didnt go very fast but I got through it.
    Those 650's don't fly quite as well as dirt bikes do they?

Post imported post

LOL, NO

Post imported post

Slightly off topic but does anybody here work on bikes in the Milwaukee area? I got my first bike and it badly needs a tune-up to fix a misfire issue in it. I want to do it myself but need somebody to give me some direction if I get stuck somewhere. I'm more of a techie than a mechanical person and motorcycles are quite a bit different then the normal stuff I can do on my car.

Post imported post

Cobra469 wrote:
    Slightly off topic but does anybody here work on bikes in the Milwaukee area?¬* I got my first bike and it badly needs a tune-up to fix a misfire issue in it.¬* I want to do it myself but need somebody to give me some direction if I get stuck somewhere.¬* I'm more of a techie than a mechanical person and motorcycles are quite a bit different then the normal stuff I can do on my car.
    i could probably help you out if you want. send me a pm with your contact info. doubt i'll be able to get to it this week, cuz i of work to do on my bike yet to get it ready for this weekend.

Post imported post

Since you are riding out of Milwaukee, this may be a loaded question...

What do you ride??

I'm from Columbus, WI and I ride an '03 Kawasaki ZRX1200. Been riding since I was 12 (so near 30 years now) and have had a bike of some sort since then.

Post imported post

iMav wrote:
    Since you are riding out of Milwaukee, this may be a loaded question...

What do you ride??

I'm from Columbus, WI and I ride an '03 Kawasaki ZRX1200.¬* Been riding since I was 12 (so near 30 years now) and have had a bike of some sort since then.¬*
    Suzuki Volusia VL800 with some slight modificiations.
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/40913.html

Post imported post

I used to ride an '03 Vulcan 1600 Classic. But got the itch for some more seat-of-the-pants performance. I really like the shaft drive (no chain maintenance) and hydraulic clutch on the Vulcan. Very smooth bike. You could actually read license plates in your rear view mirror at 70 mph on interstate.

Post imported post

Everyone with your fancy bikes, you can't have any REAL fun on them. I bet it costsseveral hundred dollers every time you lay one of them down

Post imported post

Hillmann wrote:
    Everyone with your fancy bikes, you can't have any REAL fun on them. I bet it costsseveral hundred dollers every time you lay one of them down
    I haven't laid one down in decades. However, I have had one bike vandalized and another one knocked over by the wife. Neither was that expense to repair.

Post imported post

Its real cheap to fix your cage when you wack a wall though

Banned

Post imported post

Hey Scorpio. My GF and I are up for a ride this weekend and the weather looks fantastic:

http://beta.intellicast.com/Local/We...ation=USWI0372

I've been out riding the past couple of days posting up fliers for the Lax County OC picnic and I know the roads around here pretty well.

When you firm up your schedule PM your phone # and I will give you a holler.

Post imported post

How was the ride?

Post imported post

fairly cold, very windy on friday, but comfortable saturday/sunday. tried meeting with spartacus, but he couldn't make it. put on over 700miles and am sore as ****.

Banned

Post imported post

Sorry about that Bro. I finally got my GF up and out and we headed south down the river road for a great ride. I wasn't really too exited anyway when you said you were heading to Eau Claire as its not the greatest ride from where you were.

If you ever get in the neighborhood again I can show you some of the prettiest riding in the state right in my backdoor.