• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

motorcycle riding this weekend

scorpio_vette

imported post

gonna be riding from milwaukee up towards the lacrosse area friday afternoon/evening, and staying at a friends house. stay up there for the weekend and put upwards to 1,000miles on the bike and head back sometime sunday afternoon.

anybody interested???

depending on how many people come with, could either crash at my buddies, otherwise there is a motel up in that area. my buddy knows the owner, so could maybe hook up some rates.

bigdaddy1

imported post

Wish I could make it, but I still have to replace the tires, repack the bearings, change the drive oil, adjust or replace the tree bearings etc....

All on practicly $0.00 :cuss:

Hillmann

imported post

How far north do you plan to make it. I might be intrested in meeting upif I can get my speedometer working first. Although I have an enduro so anything over a hundred miles is more than I am intrested in.

scorpio_vette

imported post

Hillmann wrote:
How far north do you plan to make it.  I might be intrested in meeting up if I can get my speedometer working first.  Although I have an enduro so anything over a hundred miles is more than I am intrested in.

nothing set in stone yet, but we're thinking somewhere in the lacrosse area. last time i went to hang out with my buddies there we did an average of 300-400miles per day.

Hillmann

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
Hillmann wrote:
How far north do you plan to make it. I might be intrested in meeting upif I can get my speedometer working first. Although I have an enduro so anything over a hundred miles is more than I am intrested in.

nothing set in stone yet, but we're thinking somewhere in the lacrosse area. last time i went to hang out with my buddies there we did an average of 300-400miles per day.
Probably not then.But if your plans change and you do end up further north (Rice Lake area) I would like to meet up and ride along for a while. Although like I said I have an enduro so I would be more intrested in riding up to the Blue hills area on the gravel roads and slower speeds.

scorpio_vette

imported post

Hillmann wrote:
scorpio_vette wrote:
Hillmann wrote:
How far north do you plan to make it.  I might be intrested in meeting up if I can get my speedometer working first.  Although I have an enduro so anything over a hundred miles is more than I am intrested in.

Probably not then. But if your plans change and you do end up further north (Rice Lake area) I would like to meet up and ride along for a while.  Although like I said I have an enduro so I would be more intrested in riding up to the Blue hills area on the gravel roads and slower speeds.

send me a pm with your phone number and the area your in, and if we get that way, i'll give you a call.

bigdaddy1

imported post

I remember years ago I went "off roading" with my cb650 (full fairing, sterio, hard bags and a trunk) down somewhere in Scorps neck of the woods. Some fields or sumptin, didnt go very fast but I got through it.

Hillmann

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
I remember years ago I went "off roading" with my cb650 (full fairing, sterio, hard bags and a trunk) down somewhere in Scorps neck of the woods. Some fields or sumptin, didnt go very fast but I got through it.
Those 650's don't fly quite as well as dirt bikes do they?

Cobra469

imported post

Slightly off topic but does anybody here work on bikes in the Milwaukee area? I got my first bike and it badly needs a tune-up to fix a misfire issue in it. I want to do it myself but need somebody to give me some direction if I get stuck somewhere. I'm more of a techie than a mechanical person and motorcycles are quite a bit different then the normal stuff I can do on my car.

scorpio_vette

imported post

Cobra469 wrote:
Slightly off topic but does anybody here work on bikes in the Milwaukee area?  I got my first bike and it badly needs a tune-up to fix a misfire issue in it.  I want to do it myself but need somebody to give me some direction if I get stuck somewhere.  I'm more of a techie than a mechanical person and motorcycles are quite a bit different then the normal stuff I can do on my car.

i could probably help you out if you want. send me a pm with your contact info. doubt i'll be able to get to it this week, cuz i of work to do on my bike yet to get it ready for this weekend.

iMav

imported post

Since you are riding out of Milwaukee, this may be a loaded question...

What do you ride??

I'm from Columbus, WI and I ride an '03 Kawasaki ZRX1200. Been riding since I was 12 (so near 30 years now) and have had a bike of some sort since then.

iMav

imported post

I used to ride an '03 Vulcan 1600 Classic. But got the itch for some more seat-of-the-pants performance. I really like the shaft drive (no chain maintenance) and hydraulic clutch on the Vulcan. Very smooth bike. You could actually read license plates in your rear view mirror at 70 mph on interstate.

Hillmann

imported post

Everyone with your fancy bikes, you can't have any REAL fun on them. I bet it costsseveral hundred dollers every time you lay one of them down :lol:

iMav

imported post

Hillmann wrote:
Everyone with your fancy bikes, you can't have any REAL fun on them. I bet it costsseveral hundred dollers every time you lay one of them down :lol:
I haven't laid one down in decades. However, I have had one bike vandalized and another one knocked over by the wife. Neither was that expense to repair.

scorpio_vette

imported post

fairly cold, very windy on friday, but comfortable saturday/sunday. tried meeting with spartacus, but he couldn't make it. put on over 700miles and am sore as shit.