• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crystal City Sports Pub

GULCer

imported post

I was going to wait until I got a response to post this but I think 5 days is plenty of time to respond to an e-mail.

Last Thursday I went to Crystal City Sports Pub to watch the last regular season game ever at the Civic Arena. :( I've been there a ton over the past couple years, open carrying every time, and never had a problem.

I had been there for about 1.5 hrs when a manager approached me and asked if I would be willing to conceal the firearm because it made patrons and employees uncomfortable and that "something could happen" in a bar like that. I informed him that until July 1 it was illegal to conceal the firearm inside the establishment and that the reason I did carry a firearm was in case something happened. He then asked me if I would be willing to put my firearm in my car and then come back in. I told him that I would put the firearm in my car but that if I did so that I would not be returning. He asked me to do so anyway, so I did.

Later that night I sent an e-mail to the three owners of Crystal City Sports Pub (and cc'd PVC) explaining exactly what happened, including the name of the manager that asked me to leave. I further explained to them why I chose to carry a firearm and informing them that I only frequent places that respect my right to self-defense. I asked them what their policy on firearms is. It has been 5 days and I still have not received a response.

Hopefully I will be able to post an update soon.

dcmidnight

imported post

GULCer wrote:
I was going to wait until I got a response to post this but I think 5 days is plenty of time to respond to an e-mail.

Last Thursday I went to Crystal City Sports Pub to watch the last regular season game ever at the Civic Arena. :( I've been there a ton over the past couple years, open carrying every time, and never had a problem.

I had been there for about 1.5 hrs when a manager approached me and asked if I would be willing to conceal the firearm because it made patrons and employees uncomfortable and that "something could happen" in a bar like that. I informed him that until July 1 it was illegal to conceal the firearm inside the establishment and that the reason I did carry a firearm was in case something happened. He then asked me if I would be willing to put my firearm in my car and then come back in. I told him that I would put the firearm in my car but that if I did so that I would not be returning. He asked me to do so anyway, so I did.

Later that night I sent an e-mail to the three owners of Crystal City Sports Pub (and cc'd PVC) explaining exactly what happened, including the name of the manager that asked me to leave. I further explained to them why I chose to carry a firearm and informing them that I only frequent places that respect my right to self-defense. I asked them what their policy on firearms is. It has been 5 days and I still have not received a response.

Hopefully I will be able to post an update soon.
Wow, well this would be pretty surprising. I am there 2-3 days a week in the fall for football season and had often seen people OC'ing. Hoping that this was a random manager not understanding the law and not an official shift in CCSP policy.