• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Amendment March on Washington DC

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

FU Sent a Message! by Skip Coryell
04/13/2010

Today I was reading some of the email comments we get from our Second Amendment March website and I ran across a real doozy. I’ve taken the liberty of censoring the profanity.

F#%k You sent a message using the contact form at
[url]http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/contact[/url].

“No one has said they're going to take your guns away. Jesus Christ! I once
was a member of the NRA but then I realized you guys are a bunch of redneck
extremists who like growing mustaches and f#%king your daughters. I hope you
all get shot by swat teams during your pointless march. It's people like you
who bring our country down, don't get me wrong stand up for your rights but
in this case no one is taking them away. Peace out #sshole.”

My first response was to laugh, and then I thought a bit more and really started feeling sorry for the guy. This is a real person, and he probably isn’t joking. He really feels this hostile inside. Now isn’t that a scary thought? He was once a member of the NRA? I doubt it.

I would normally just ignore something like this, but this man, who calls himself “f#%k you” is raising the same point that thousands of others have been pointing out to me for over a year now. “No one has said they’re going to take your guns away.”

Question: Is that true?
Answer: No, it’s not.

One of the things I frequently tell the media is this, “It’s not just about protecting the freedom we already have, but also about getting back the freedom that we’ve already lost.” People like Mr. “f#%k you” are looking at freedom in all-or-nothing terms, but that just isn’t realistic. Freedom has never been binary, never been black or white; it has never been an all-or-nothing proposition. (This is a good time to remind the reader about the 20,000 gun laws we already have on the books.)

In reality, freedom is measured on a continuum, and the bar slides back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, depending on who screams the loudest and makes the most concerted and potent protest. Mr. “f#%k you” intuitively understands that if we continue to protest, like we are in the Second Amendment March, that we’ll regain more of our right to keep and bear arms. In a nut shell, that’s why he’s telling us to shut up and go lay down.

Here’s the truth: The continuum has slid so far to the anti-gun side that people in Illinois, DC, California, Wisconsin, New York and many other places, become felons if they decide to carry a firearm to protect themselves and their families. Does that sound free to you?

I say it’s time to slide that bar back to the freedom side of the continuum while we still can. You’ve heard the saying “The squeaky wheel gets the grease”. Like so many other tried-and-true sayings, this one is true. If the wheel squeaks long enough and loud enough, then the maintenance team (our elected officials) will give us some grease just to shut us up.

And if they don’t, then we can fire them and hire new custodians of our liberty. If we stop protesting, then we get no grease, the wheels of freedom dry out and grind to a halt.

Mr. “F#%k you” wants us to shut up. He says no one is taking away our guns. Mr. Ff#%k you’s sense of freedom is as pale as a mime’s skin. Every time I drive to the Illinois border I lose my freedom. When I walk into a pistol-free zone, I lose my freedom. And on April 19th when I travel into Washington DC for the Second Amendment March, my liberty will be stripped away from me beside the banks of the Potomac River by the arrogant, elitist politicians whom we trusted to protect our liberty. We have been betrayed.

Let’s look at Mr. f#%k you’s statement in a different light. According to his logic, the civil rights leader and patriot Martin Luther King was an unreasonable rabble-rouser. After all, no one was trying to take away his freedom. He was no longer a slave. He was free to come and go as he pleased, and no person owned him as property. Sure, there were fountains he couldn’t drink out of, places he couldn’t sit on the bus, restaurants forbidden to him, and schools he couldn’t attend, but so what! What’s the big deal? He still had his freedom. No one was trying to enslave him!

Question: Why didn’t Rosa Parks just shut up and move to the back of the bus!
Answer: Because Rosa Parks knew that freedom wasn’t an all-or-nothing issue.
She could see that white people had more liberty than she did. She didn’t like it, and she knew it would never change unless she stood up and moved to the front of the bus.

Us gun owners can learn a lesson from the courage and the strength of Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks. On April 19th, in Washington DC, on the Washington Monument grounds, we are traveling unarmed into the belly of the beast. We go there armed only with our moral courage and resolve. On the outside I’ll be disarmed, but I’m here to remind you, that freedom is not measured in the caliber of my hardware, but rather in the courage and conviction of every man, woman and child who stands up to tyranny.

Freedom is a continuum. Join me on April 19th at the Second Amendment March and we’ll slide that bar back toward freedom.

[line] Skip Coryell is the founder of the Second Amendment March, a former United States Marine, author and President of White Feather Press.

ayce2

imported post

I don't think I have ever seen the comparision to Dr. Martin Luther King's fight to expand his civil rights to the struggle to keep the 2A rights so clearly put. Excellant!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

an unarmed 2A march ?? :? that really sends a message:? How lame !!! If all 100,000 Go armed WHAT WOULD THE CAPITOL POLICE DO ???? nothing.

M

McX

imported post

f***k y88? no thanks, already been done a few thousand times in my life. i will be meeting OSHA requirements, in that aspect, and installing safety handrails for those who wish to do that to me in the future.:uhoh:

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
an unarmed 2A march ?? :? that really sends a message:? How lame !!! If all 100,000 Go armed WHAT WOULD THE CAPITOL POLICE DO ???? nothing.
How is it any different from the Constitution Rally that was held in Sheboygan? Where no firearms were allowed.

It is listed as an unarmed event in order to gain the support of those who support our 2nd Amendment Rights but do not feel comfortable carrying themselves.

This way there will be no one marching in with AR 15s or anything of the such. It is just a march that was organized as a show of support and to send a message to the almighty Obamanation.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
How is it any different from the Constitution Rally that was held in Sheboygan? Where no firearms were allowed.

It is listed as an unarmed event in order to gain the support of those who support our 2nd Amendment Rights but do not feel comfortable carrying themselves.

This way there will be no one marching in with AR 15s or anything of the such. It is just a march that was organized as a show of support and to send a message to the almighty Obamanation.
Apple and Oranges...that was a Tea Party in Sheboygan...this event in DC is all about The right to Keep and bear arms...nothing else.... So, if people feel uncomfortable being around people with guns, what the point of having a 2A Rally ?? :? Either you like guns or you don't...no middle ground when it comes to the 2A. This event SCREEMS FOR MASS CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE , Bring a gun not a sign....

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

Apple and Oranges...that was a Tea Party in Sheboygan...this event in DC is all about The right to Keep and bear arms...nothing else.... So, if people feel uncomfortable being around people with guns, what the point of having a 2A Rally ?? :? Either you like guns or you don't...no middle ground when it comes to the 2A. This event SCREEMS FOR MASS CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE , Bring a gun not a sign....
I agree, however we need to uphold the same standards at every event, tea party, 2A or family orientated.

The point I was making at about the Sheboygan event was it was announced as a Constitution Rally. So we all know where 2A fits in. Still no guns were allowed and come to think of it there wasn't much media attention either.

I do agree with you that if we are going to do this we need to do it all the way!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

I agree, however we need to uphold the same standards at every event, tea party, 2A or family orientated.

The point I was making at about the Sheboygan event was it was announced as a Constitution Rally. So we all know where 2A fits in. Still no guns were allowed and come to think of it there wasn't much media attention either.

I do agree with you that if we are going to do this we need to do it all the way!
I understand what your saying, I did not mean to make it seem like I was arguing with you. I hope they have a great turn out...:)

Article1section23

imported post

Glock34 wrote:

+1,

On a serious note, 100k armed men/women with AR's, would wake the nation and the world up. Think about what kind of statement that would be.

This is why they don't want guns carried.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Shawn wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

+1,

On a serious note, 100k armed men/women with AR's, would wake the nation and the world up. Think about what kind of statement that would be.

This is why they don't want guns carried.
That statement would be....Keep it up & the next time we take over the Capitol, White house, etc, etc, etc.....:what: They don't have enough Police or troops near the capitol to stop it...can we say ---- Coup De taut :idea: