• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC on the Daily show

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Loved the fact they called the bradys "close-minded mothers" and then let Paul Helmke speak on their behalf. Think about it.

Loved the analogy.

Overall, a great piece. Not news, definitely comedy, and yet not disrespectful.

Xeni

imported post

I think it was great!!! Stewart skewers everyone and in this case he actually skewered the gun grabbers and not the open carriers.

I really liked the skit and if nothing else it gave those that lean left and watch Stewart something to think about....

Regular_Joe

imported post

"Did you experiment in college?"
"Does your wife know?"

This is waaay too funny!

Now I just need to find a way to erase that whole John and Mike ice cream thing out of my head...:banghead:

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
"Did you experiment in college?"
"Does your wife know?"

This is waaay too funny!

Now I just need to find a way to erase that whole John and Mike ice cream thing out of my head...:banghead:

I was luaghing out loud. I thought it was okay. It looks like no one took it too seriously, but Helmke.

It was toungue and cheek. All-in-all it was not bad.

I doubt open-carrying of rifles is legal in old-town Alexandria though.

Two Hands

imported post

Given the rep that the Daily Show has, I was skeptical but I thought it turned out well. Very funny. Being able to laugh at one's self is a sure sign of normalcy. No specific studies to cite but seems that a by product of comedy is dialog and folks usually accept anything they can laugh at.