• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A marchers will probably be demonized

Dave Workman

imported post

Next Monday, April 19, is the scheduled date for a pair of pro-gun rallies in the Washington, D.C. area, the first being the Second Amendment March[/i][/i]/Rally at the Washington Monument and commons in the city, and the other being an event called the “Restore the Constitution Rally[/i][/i]” at Fort Hunt, just across the Potomac River from the District of Columbia...

..Gun prohibitionists have already started [/i][/i]a media drumbeat to demonize these events, primarily by quoting some of the individuals involved.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m4d13-2A-marchers-will-probably-be-demonized-regardless-of-conduct

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/yyznh6d

March Hare

imported post

That was rhetorical, right?

Of course we are demonized, it's just the way their side does things.

Give the other side a label, ridicule and marginalize them.

Usually by finding the one person in a huge crowd who fits their idea of what a 'gun nut' looks like and getting him or her to say something stupid. :banghead:
Then, plastering the edited portion of the taped 'interview' all over the 'news'.

It's just the way the game is played, unfortunately.

Fight the good fight!

-MH

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

March Hare wrote:
Usually by finding the one person in a huge crowd who fits their idea of what a 'gun nut' looks like and getting him or her to say something stupid. :banghead:
Then, plastering the edited portion of the taped 'interview' all over the 'news'.
Hey! That happened right in front of our faces at the ceasefire press conference at pike place!

44Brent

imported post

Promoter of statism, Joshua Horowitz, wrote the following in the article referenced by Dave Workman:

This unfortunate combination of messages from the right wing of American politics -- that our current government is oppressive and the Constitution authorizes insurrection -- is a dangerous mix that has already led to serious violence.

Contrary to the false claims of Joshua Horowitz, the founders wrote the following in the Declaration of Independence.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

I wonder what the founders would think of the following:
  1. A direct tax ("income tax") levied on labor.
  2. A direct tax on labor used to fund retirement schemes, that are dependent on a perpetual growth in population.
  3. A direct tax on labor used to fund medical "insurance" schemes for the aged, that are dependent on a perpetual growth in population.
  4. The "Patriot" Act.
  5. Warrantless wiretapping.
  6. Full monitoring of all private banking transactions.
  7. Wealth transfers to the banking cartel.
  8. The creation of an insurance cartel.
  9. The transfer of power to the central government by direct election of Senators, instead of appointment by state legislatures.
  10. The creation of a banking cartel, which has been given the power to counterfeit currency, that is backed by nothing except for accounting entries.
  11. A "war" on drugs, and property "seizures" without the benefit of trials.
Name your abuse here __________________.

People like Joshua Horowitz see openly armed citizensas the fly in their ointment, in their drive to create an all-powerful state.

44Brent

imported post

Promoters of strong central governments hate peaceful demonstrations because it does not provide them with an excuse to respond with violence. Sometimes these people mix their own agents in with peaceful demonstrators and start their own violence to provide an excuse for a violent crackdown.

If you see violence at an otherwise peaceful demonstration, you can be sure that it was initiated by individuals employed by the government. Here's an example of police officers engaging in violence against other police officers in order to provide an excuse for a violent crackdown. However, in this case they got caught because the peaceful demonstrators recognized what was happening and called them out. The police admitted they were their officers. CEP President Dave Coles confronts men with rocks and sticks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow

Here we have agent provocateurs mixing in with peaceful demonstrators in Seattle in order to justify a violence crackdown on people utilizing their 1st Amendment Rights.

POLICE STATE II: THE TAKEOVER - Seattle WTO Protest - Pt. 1/3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mAWslHmiok

This is a very old trick that has been used by governments around the world, over and over again, for the simple reason that it works.

jbone

imported post

44Brent wrote:
SNIP: Sometimes these people mix their own agents in with peaceful demonstrators and start their own violence to provide an excuse for a violent crackdown.
Or they just send thethugs sporting the colorsin the light of day, likethe SEIU goons.