• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

can a bartender be armed?

Tony Santiago

imported post

can a bartender arm himself inside a alcohol establishment that only serves to those over 21?

Aaron1124

imported post

Yes. Bartenders and other employees of the establishment are not bound by that law.

RCW 9.41.300

(d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age; or

(9) Subsection (1)(d) of this section does not apply to the proprietor of the premises or his or her employees while engaged in their employment.

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

When I looked into that a while back I thought I read somewhere that I needed permission from the owner of the establishment before I can carry my firearm when working there.

Just saying.

Rugerp345

imported post

In NC, yes. If you are an "employee" of the establishment you can carry. Most likely the owner wouldn't agree. You're his liability while in his employ.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Glocked and Loaded wrote:
When I looked into that a while back I thought I read somewhere that I needed permission from the owner of the establishment before I can carry my firearm when working there.

Just saying.
Yes just like most other employements. If your boss says no it's a no, if boss says Okay than it's okay.

Aaron1124

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Glocked and Loaded wrote:

Just saying.
Yes just like most other employements. If your boss says no it's a no, if boss says Okay than it's okay.
If your boss says no, and you carry anyway, then you risk losing your job if caught, not getting criminal charges. That's how it looks to me, anyway.

Agent 47

imported post

I worked two years club security at two different bars/nightclubs and always carried my 1911 but kept it concealed, working security i was in very close contact with weird people every night and so that was one of the few situations where I chose CC over OC.