• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wallmart

kyleplusitunes

imported post

there should always be a boycott of wal mart, I don't understand why people would pay this corperation to lower their standard of living. not to mention their stance on birth control

budlight

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
there should always be a boycott of wal mart, I don't understand why people would pay this corperation to lower their standard of living. not to mention their stance on birth control

What is different on their birth control stance? They have a pharmacy that sells birth control pills, plan B over the counter, and other contraceptives.....the same as Target, Kmart, and other retailers. Maybe I missed something?

They also have the best prices on range ammo.

malignity

imported post

Because their ammo is at least $3 a box cheaper ammunition than any other place on the planet? Good enough reason for me. I'm not aware of their policy on birth control, or anything else regarding their policies, tbh.. and I'm thinking that as long as they continue to have ammo in stock, and continue to blow the competition away in price, I'm not going to really care much. :)

malignity

imported post

Last I checked at Meijer, they wanted $27 for a box of 50 Winchester target ammo (.40S&W) Granted, I haven't checked in a few months, but I saw that, and didn't even bother looking again. That's highway robbery.

budlight

imported post

malignity wrote:
Last I checked at Meijer, they wanted $27 for a box of 50 Winchester target ammo (.40S&W) Granted, I haven't checked in a few months, but I saw that, and didn't even bother looking again. That's highway robbery.
$13.99 for Federal 50 (.40S&W) and $19.99 for Winchester 100 (9mm) at the local Walmart stores around here. No local retailer or gun shop even comes close to that around here.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

budlight wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:

What is different on their birth control stance? They have a pharmacy that sells birth control pills, plan B over the counter, and other contraceptives.....the same as Target, Kmart, and other retailers. Maybe I missed something?

They also have the best prices on range ammo.
Hmm, Walmart lowest median wage= $8.46, Miejer lowest median wage=$7.53. Looks like if you really want to lower your standard or living , work for unionized Meijer. Sorry but it isn't hard to find the figures on Google.