• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wallmart

TylerJ87

imported post

I was actually quite surprised when I saw the walmart in owosso had about 10 boxes of WWB 9mm ... there is no walmart near UofM and the meijer never has anything in stock

does anyone know if you can get 124gr WWB? my glock 19 seems to prefer the heavier bullet

CoonDog

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
there should always be a boycott of wal mart, I don't understand why people would pay this corperation to lower their standard of living. not to mention their stance on birth control
On the contrary, the availability of cheaper goods raises the customers' standard of living.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

CoonDog wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:
there should always be a boycott of wal mart, I don't understand why people would pay this corperation to lower their standard of living. not to mention their stance on birth control
On the contrary, the availability of cheaper goods raises the customers' standard of living.
Eh. If it's quality goods for cheap, I'd agree. However, they sell cheap goods, cheap. It leaves more money to spend elsewhere, until what you bought breaks... Not saying I agree with K, but I don't personally like the place. I have my own personal boycott against them.

Bronson

imported post

Where else can somebody like me, who exists on a schedule almost exactly opposite of the rest of the world, buy ammo at 2:00 a.m.? The Walmart on Shaver Rd. in Portage is the only place I've found that will sell me ammo after 10:00 p.m. Their staff is always very helpful (they are required to walk locked merchandise to thecashier) and the prices are the best around and they've neverhad anything negative to say about me OCing.

Bronson

BreakingTheMold

imported post

When I worked nights I actually got a better chance at getting a box of ammo, since 99% of wal marts stock up at 10-12, you get first dibs. I've never had a problem buying ammo at any time of day in wal mart. But I was told by an employee at the MI store that he shops at the IN store, and they won't sell him ammo past 10pm, He said because of Indiana state law. /shrug

No turkey loads, approx 50 boxes of federal ball 40 S&W for $13.99. about average for wal mart.

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Walmart is the biggest retail store chain out there, so all the interest groups who wish to protest or boycott anything start with walmart. Sometimes its over strawberries and migrant workers, sometimes its over clothing manufactuers workforce, and sometimes its over over the counter medicine, and always over the union thing.

What is really funny is that so many other companies do the exact same things, use the same vendors, and the same suppliers yet they don't get boycotted. Apparently boycotting your local grocery store doesn't get the media hype the interest groups are looking for.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

CoonDog wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:
Thank you Coon.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

It's a Union thing more than anything else. A bunch of bleeding hearts who don't work there complaining about how unfair they are...lol. I have spent as little as 75.00 dollars there before and only 10.00 went to a china made product, and I have spent as much 250.00 and none of it went to China. Every one there volunteered to work there, and can quit any time they want.
Union or not they produce jobs that obviously people want, or they (3000 applications) wouldn't have lined up outside the Grand Blanc store for a job (300 Positions) at a store which opened When Unemployment rate was around 6%, and they sell things I want, & need. As anywhere you pay for what you get, or get what you pay for. If you don't like them, don't shop there!

:banghead:

22-250

imported post

Went to wallmart and bought a brick of 22lr HP's , Winchesters,550 rounds for 20 bucks. On the way home I stopped at Meijers and looked to see what they had,same Winchesters only 333 rounds for 10 bucks... go figure..

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
It's a Union thing more than anything else. A bunch of bleeding hearts who don't work there complaining about how unfair they are...lol. I have spent as little as 75.00 dollars there before and only 10.00 went to a china made product, and I have spent as much 250.00 and none of it went to China. Every one there volunteered to work there, and can quit any time they want.
Union or not they produce jobs that obviously people want, or they (3000 applications) wouldn't have lined up outside the Grand Blanc store for a job (300 Positions) at a store which opened When Unemployment rate was around 6%, and they sell things I want, & need. As anywhere you pay for what you get, or get what you pay for. If you don't like them, don't shop there!

:banghead:
What he said!springerdave.