• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detroit News Coverage of Lansing 2A March

DanM

imported post

Gun fans rally for rights in Lansing

http://detnews.com/article/20100413/METRO/4130410/1409/rss36

Mark Hornbeck / Detroit News Lansing Bureau
"Lansing[/i] -- An afternoon rally drew about 300 gun enthusiasts, many of them armed with handguns or rifles, to the lawn of the State Capitol today to celebrate the Second Amendment, listen to political speeches and munch on hot dogs. . . ."

autosurgeon

imported post

I look at it this way.. the fact that he doesn't have guns but still understands and wants the right to have them if he so chooses is just as powerful if not more powerful.

You know I haven't needed some of the rights that are enumerated in the bill of rights but I still will fight for every one of them.

FatboyCykes

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I look at it this way.. the fact that he doesn't have guns but still understands and wants the right to have them if he so chooses is just as powerful if not more powerful.

You know I haven't needed some of the rights that are enumerated in the bill of rights but I still will fight for every one of them.
Great point, I concede.

autosurgeon

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

Great point, I concede.
:lol: wasn't arguing just observing... but hey if I win..... :celebrate

FatboyCykes

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
FatboyCykes wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

Great point, I concede.
:lol: wasn't arguing just observing... but hey if I win..... :celebrate
STOP RUBBING IT IN!

malignity

imported post

Truth be told, the 'here, want to borrow mine' mentality is beautiful in it's own respect too.

Were we ever to need to defend our country, one man owning 100 guns does us no good. He cannot fire them all at the same time.

100 men owning one gun does us much more good.

EM87

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
"When he told the audience he doesn't have a gun, someone shouted: "Here, you want to borrow mine?"

beautiful.

Actually I think it was, "We can change that!" or something similar. But it doesn't really matter.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

22-250 wrote:
Whats up with the stow guns in our cars comment..
A law passed in several other states that allow employees to "stow" their firearms (pistols) in their vehicles while on company property that was otherwise a prohibited area to possess firearms by company policy.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

22-250 wrote:
No, I mean we can keep guns in our cars? or not?
If your employer prohibits firearms on company property, you can face termination, but you have not violated any firearm laws in Michigan doing so. Assuming of course, you can legally be in possession of a firearm and you are not employed by the government (State, Federal).

autosurgeon

imported post

22-250 wrote:
No, I mean we can keep guns in our cars? or not?
The bill will make it legal to stow your firearm in your vehicle while at work. It has not come to a floor vote yet.

So at this time if your employer does not allow firearms you still have to abide by that at this time.

It will basically make your vehicle your private property for the purpose of firearms storage at your place of employment.