Thread: OC friendly locations in St. Clairsville

Post imported post

This is what I have found after a few hours of OC in my city.

Local Wal-Mart, Wen Wu Chinese, Staples, Ohio Valley Mall, Steak and Shake, Kroger, Hair Inc, and CVS either have no problems or chose not to say anything. There are no postings in relation to CCW either.

A question I have is this:
    what purpose does it serve to be allowed to carry a weapon in your vehicle but not have any loaded magazines anywhere inside? defeats the purpose of defense, doesn't it?

I am in the process of getting my CCW license and understand the associated regulations but the open carry thing is a little open. (IMO)

Can I transport my weapon in the case (with the magazine) and ammo, as long as the ammo is separate from the magazine?

(a little more clear perhaps - can i carry my ammo in a separate container or my pocket as long as it is not in the same location as my weapon/magazine)

Post imported post

Without a CHL, no rounds can be in the magazine while transporting the gun in a motor vehicle.

Post imported post

Also, I don't believe you can have your gun on your person. Safest option would be in a case. The ammo may be in the same case but not in the magazine, gun or a speed loader.

Presumably if you had an external compartment not reachable from inside the vehicle you could put your loaded magazine in that... maybe even the loaded gun, not sure what the letter of the law is on that.

Post imported post

I carry all the time around there.. i have only had one person comment on my gun while in line at walmart.. i carry all over the valley.

Get your ccw and dont worry about transporting. Are you getting it thru belmont? i got mine thru jefferson county because the guy that does it in belmont is a dick. me and him have had runs in before due to me being a deputy in another county.

Are you working for the state? i noticed your avatar is corrections patch.