• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charleston Question

fire1664man

imported post

[align=left]Does anyone know if this is still infact true? This creates a very unfriendly enviornment for gun carriers. I visit Charleston often , have my conceal permit as well , however I open carry most of the time when im at home and would like to know if I'm just setting myself up for trouble by taking my firearm to Charleston due to all these places that I can not take them... No way really to tell what building are city owned or what property is city owned... Very frustrating...[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Charleston WV [/align]
[align=left]
Sec. 78-165. Carrying weapons upon municipal public property. It shall be unlawful for any person to carry[/align]
[align=left]on or about his person any revolver or pistol, dirk, bowie knife, slingshot, razor, billy, metallic or other[/align]
[align=left]false knuckles, or other dangerous or deadly weapon of like kind or character in or upon city hall, municipal[/align]
[align=left]auditorium, the civic center, and all parks and recreation buildings ad facilities, including recreation centers,[/align]
[align=left]playgrounds, swimming pools, dressing areas, tennis courts, parks and recreation areas and all other[/align]
[align=left]buildings, structures, facilities, and grounds thereof, owned or occupied by the City of Charleston; however,[/align]
[align=left]the provisions of this section shall not apply to city, county, sate and federal law enforcement officers and to[/align]
[align=left]exhibitors and performers at city-sanctioned events who obtain advance written authorization from the chief[/align]
of police. (Ord. No. 4941, 4-19-1993; Bill No. 7103, 12-6-2004)