Thread: Umatilla County Sherrif

Post imported post

I will be applying for a Non-res permit in Umatilla County soon and was wondering if anyone has experience in this neck of the woods and what Sheriff Trumbo's attitude toward CHL is in general.
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Snarly

Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

Post imported post

Can't say on Umatilla but Grant County Sheriffs has said "bring your non-res applications" you will be approved if you pass the background.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

"SnarlyWino wrote:
    I will be applying for a Non-res permit in Umatilla County soon and was wondering if anyone has experience in this neck of the woods and what Sheriff Trumbo's attitude toward CHL is in general.
    I have a non-resident permit issued by Umatilla County. I applied for it in August of 2009.

I called for an appointment and went down, brought my checkbook and filled out required paperwork. When submitting my request I used the following letter. I was issued the permit with no further work or question

" RE: Application for non-resident Oregon license to carry concealed handgun
    Sheriff Trumbo,
    I am applying for a non-resident Oregon license to carry a concealed handgun. I have been a resident of Washington for 24 years, and been around firearms all my life. I currently hold a Washington State CPL, and paperwork is pending for my Utah CHL. I have taken a firearms safety class from a certified NRA instructor. I travel through many parts of Oregon doing business as a tourist and have friends within the State. I also have been looking in to the possibility of moving for economic reasons. I am a firm believer in the right to protect oneself and their loved ones. I would prefer to request that you consider my application on grounds of self defense. I appreciate your time.

Thank you,

Post imported post

How about the sheriff in the cities of Ontario, and Vale, they are close to Boise Id. and I want to have a permit from Oregon, I travel from Boise to Yakima and I have to travel trough Oregon, From Boise to Clarkston Wa. takes to long. I have a permit from Wash. and Idaho.

Post imported post

Nebulis01 wrote:
    I have a non-resident permit issued by Umatilla County. I applied for it in August of 2009.

I called for an appointment and went down, brought my checkbook and filled out required paperwork. When submitting my request I used the following letter. I was issued the permit with no further work or question

" RE: Application for non-resident Oregon license to carry concealed handgun
    Sheriff Trumbo,
    I am applying for a non-resident Oregon license to carry a concealed handgun. I have been a resident of Washington for 24 years, and been around firearms all my life. I currently hold a Washington State CPL, and paperwork is pending for my Utah CHL. I have taken a firearms safety class from a certified NRA instructor. I travel through many parts of Oregon doing business as a tourist and have friends within the State. I also have been looking in to the possibility of moving for economic reasons. I am a firm believer in the right to protect oneself and their loved ones. I would prefer to request that you consider my application on grounds of self defense. I appreciate your time.

Thank you,
    Thanks Nebulis, that is just the info I was looking for.
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Snarly

Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

Post imported post

My understanding, only adjoining counties in Idaho and Nevada will be issued permits in Malhuer County.

Try John Day, Grant County.