• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Umatilla County Sherrif

o2ryan

imported post

I will be applying for a Non-res permit in Umatilla County soon and was wondering if anyone has experience in this neck of the woods and what Sheriff Trumbo's attitude toward CHL is in general.

Nebulis01

imported post

"SnarlyWino wrote:
I will be applying for a Non-res permit in Umatilla County soon and was wondering if anyone has experience in this neck of the woods and what Sheriff Trumbo's attitude toward CHL is in general.
I have a non-resident permit issued by Umatilla County. I applied for it in August of 2009.

I called for an appointment and went down, brought my checkbook and filled out required paperwork. When submitting my request I used the following letter. I was issued the permit with no further work or question

" RE: Application for non-resident Oregon license to carry concealed handgun
Sheriff Trumbo,
I am applying for a non-resident Oregon license to carry a concealed handgun. I have been a resident of Washington for 24 years, and been around firearms all my life. I currently hold a Washington State CPL, and paperwork is pending for my Utah CHL. I have taken a firearms safety class from a certified NRA instructor. I travel through many parts of Oregon doing business as a tourist and have friends within the State. I also have been looking in to the possibility of moving for economic reasons. I am a firm believer in the right to protect oneself and their loved ones. I would prefer to request that you consider my application on grounds of self defense. I appreciate your time.

Thank you,

ISRAEL

imported post

How about the sheriff in the cities of Ontario, and Vale, they are close to Boise Id. and I want to have a permit from Oregon, I travel from Boise to Yakima and I have to travel trough Oregon, From Boise to Clarkston Wa. takes to long. I have a permit from Wash. and Idaho.

o2ryan

imported post

Nebulis01 wrote:
I have a non-resident permit issued by Umatilla County. I applied for it in August of 2009.

I called for an appointment and went down, brought my checkbook and filled out required paperwork. When submitting my request I used the following letter. I was issued the permit with no further work or question

" RE: Application for non-resident Oregon license to carry concealed handgun
Sheriff Trumbo,
I am applying for a non-resident Oregon license to carry a concealed handgun. I have been a resident of Washington for 24 years, and been around firearms all my life. I currently hold a Washington State CPL, and paperwork is pending for my Utah CHL. I have taken a firearms safety class from a certified NRA instructor. I travel through many parts of Oregon doing business as a tourist and have friends within the State. I also have been looking in to the possibility of moving for economic reasons. I am a firm believer in the right to protect oneself and their loved ones. I would prefer to request that you consider my application on grounds of self defense. I appreciate your time.

Thank you,
Thanks Nebulis, that is just the info I was looking for.

pi010

imported post

My understanding, only adjoining counties in Idaho and Nevada will be issued permits in Malhuer County.

Try John Day, Grant County.