• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello all, new here and glad to be here.

KingfisherS

imported post

First of all I would like to thank you guys for this site it is great.

My wife is a Magistrate for a local municipality and has tried to tell me that open carry is not legal in Alabama. Only on your own property and not on "property not your own".

She read this from Alabama gun laws of some state law code don't know the statute yet. Just curious as to what you guys thought. I have read the Alabama section on this site and it seems pretty self explanatory to me. Seems like an interpretation thing to me. Even some LEO have responded somewhat negatively about OC in Alabama.

Thanks Guys and Gals.

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

She is referring to 13A-11-52. That section was superseded by 13A-11-73 which forbids concealed carry. There are AG opinions and case law which support open carry, most of which are summed up here: http://alabamagunrights.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/tri-fold.pdf

Check out the Alabama sub-forum for good times and great people.

ETA: Oh, and welcome. Didn't see it was your first post. :)

eye95

imported post

Welcome. Ask your wife to read the "This law seems to prohibit a lot of OC" thread in the Alabama forum.

Where in Alabama are you?

eye95

imported post

KingfisherS wrote:
Carbon Hill, Alabama just north of Jasper, good ole Walker Co.:D
If you put that info in your profile, it will show up to the left of your posts. A lot of times, the answer to your questions depend on where you are, so that information is helpful to see when we read your posts.

Just a suggestion.

Enjoy the fellowship here.