• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Still waitin

brokenbarrel

imported post

My wife and i are still waiting on our supertucks,placed the orders 3/26 i called the other day and-i believe her name was Marty-said they had not started on them as of yet and they are in fact running 3-4weeks as stated on the website.She was very polite about though and hey it was posted on the site.I was just hopeing oh well..just waitin:cool:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I ordered mine March 23rd and I am also still waiting. However from everything I have been told they are well worth the wait.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
imported post

My Supertuck finally arrived today. Tried it on, felt great. Retention was good. Will report back in a few days after I break it in.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ok, been wearing mine for 2 days now and I absolutely love it. Totally comfortable. Easy one-hand draw and re-holster. For you guys still waiting, you won't even mind the wait when to try it out.

brokenbarrel

imported post

mine came in today(in a padded envelope) i thought maybe they were sending one and then the other but both fit in the envelope i was suprised im glad they're not as big as they look in pictures..p.s. mine came in but havent got them ajusted yet you know that whole work thing got in the way again...:)

Damiansar-15

imported post

Many of the smaller plastic taco shops takea lot longer...I recommend sticking with the more established companies which provide superior service, e.g. Comp-tac, Blade-tech, etc... and don't need to religous symbols and advertising to push their products...

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Damiansar-15 wrote:
Many of the smaller plastic taco shops take a lot longer...I recommend sticking with the more established companies which provide superior service, e.g. Comp-tac, Blade-tech, etc... and don't need to religous symbols and advertising to push their products...

I'm an atheist and I have no problem carrying their holster or buying their product because they make a darn good holster. I didn't notice any overt religious pressuring anywhere on their website.

Damiansar-15

imported post

I guess you didn't notice the big cross at the top of their webpage and featured in the annoying banners on this site...

If their knock-off stuff works for you, great, but I think it is an inferior product when compared to the leaders in the industry...

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Damiansar-15 wrote:
I guess you didn't notice the big cross at the top of their webpage and featured in the annoying banners on this site...

If their knock-off stuff works for you, great, but I think it is an inferior product when compared to the leaders in the industry...

I guess you didn't see that I said "overt", meaning that no one asked me to convert to their religion. Along those lines I would assume that you don't use paper money because it says "In God We Trust." In addition the "annoying banners" are known as sponsors, they help keep this awesome site running. But on that note let's agree to bring this back to a civil exchange about the holsters and not religion.:D I would also agree with you that Comp-Tac and Bladetech make great holsters, I own at least one holster from each company.

ricklee4570

imported post

Damiansar-15 wrote:
Many of the smaller plastic taco shops takea lot longer...I recommend sticking with the more established companies which provide superior service, e.g. Comp-tac, Blade-tech, etc... and don't need to religous symbols and advertising to push their products...

Comp-Tac's customer service sucks. I bought an MTAC and it was defective. The plastic wasnt shaped right for the gun. They would not help me because I didnt buy it directly from them, instead referring me to the online dealer I bought it from.

The dealer then had to send it back to them. Eight weeks later I get my holster back, and two days into it, the belt clip broke. They are made thin and fragile.

I finally bought a Desantis Intruder and it is much better quality with much better customer service.

Damiansar-15

imported post

cabbitone wrote:
ricklee4570 wrote:
Damiansar-15 wrote:

Comp-Tac's customer service sucks. I bought an MTAC and it was defective. The plastic wasnt shaped right for the gun. They would not help me because I didnt buy it directly from them, instead referring me to the online dealer I bought it from.

The dealer then had to send it back to them. Eight weeks later I get my holster back, and two days into it, the belt clip broke. They are made thin and fragile.

I finally bought a Desantis Intruder and it is much better quality with much better customer service.
<3 Desantis
While I love my supertuck as well, I carry my Desantis Tuck This II 90% of the time. Sucks not being leather, but haven't found anything better.

Sounds like you have a dealer problem, not a Comp-tac problem. From personal experience at gunshows, I have seen dealers try to sell kydex holsters that were not an exact match for a particular gun. Sounds like your dealer sent the wrong holster and then provided crappy service. I recommend purchasing from Comp-tac directly in the future, because almost every company will have dealer problems at some point. Unfortunately, all companies use them to help sell/service products. When was they last time you contacted an auto manufacturer about a car issue? Didn't you go to your dealer?

I also disagree with you about the belt clips. The design/cut is patented (copied often) because it allows for more use before the kydex breaks down. Kydex is not break-proof, nor idiot proof. Comp-tac uses the same "branded" top-grade/ Kydex as all of the rest of the big players, but there are those who use cheaper "regrind" or imitation kydex. which breaks down easier. I also seriously doubt that you broke the clips during "normal" use... I break steel clips all the time on my tactical knives/gear, but it was my fault and not because and inferior product was used... I have kydex clips from Comp-tac and others, which are as old as 2001 and still function great...

Damiansar-15

imported post

thebigsd wrote:
Damiansar-15 wrote:

I guess you didn't see that I said "overt", meaning that no one asked me to convert to their religion. Along those lines I would assume that you don't use paper money because it says "In God We Trust." In addition the "annoying banners" are known as sponsors, they help keep this awesome site running. But on that note let's agree to bring this back to a civil exchange about the holsters and not religion.:D I would also agree with you that Comp-Tac and Bladetech make great holsters, I own at least one holster from each company.

When I made the reference to religious symbols to push product, I was referring to the company name and cross symbol. It is a free country, but in my view I don't think it is ethical to leverage christ to sell products. Of course it is legal, but seems shady... What does your reference to god in government/money have to do with this point of view? I just don't like people profiting from religion, it is bad enough that there is so much bloodshed over it...

"Mark is often asked about the origin of the name CrossBreed Holsters. He is not ashamed to answer that, although there is some reference to the hybrid nature of his designs, the larger meaning behind his company’s name references the Lord Jesus Christ and His sacrifice upon the cross which was made for all mankind."

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/AboutUs/tabid/59/Default.aspx

brokenbarrel

imported post

wow...it sure is funny that what some have said is true you do tend to forget your wearing the super-tuck,first 2 days is all about getting it adjusted to the most comfortable way;after that its all good..:).To all those reading about this topic I apologize for the fact that others are having a religious argument it was intended to be about a holster not the many religious choices of the world.Those who choose to buy will those who don't won't;regardless of the meaning behind the symbol..Thank you and again sorry for all the other detours on this thread..

RJHORSE66

imported post

it does take about 4 weeks to arrive but you will not be dissapointed in it at all it is well made and very comfortible i have the super tuck and carry a 45 acp with a 5 inch barrel and i can hardly tell it is there !!! carry on !!!!

RLGuthrie

imported post

I ordered one, took about 4 weeks to arrive and then about another for me to adjust it to my liking (Cant wise). Comfortable from start just requires one size largwer (or2) in pants waist size (new pants) and I'll have to buy new belts. But you can tuck shirt around it or not, pulls weapon close to body which I like. As far as religious symbol, Gee, I thought Our 2d Amendment was there to gaurantee the 1st Admendment. I personnaly have no problem with it.