• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC

marinescout11

imported post

Can people that have CCW`s carry there weapon on the outside of their clothes? When I took my testing for my weapon permit I was told it had to be concealed in Clark Co. Las Vegas,Nv.Need info on this......Gunny.

Gordie

imported post

CCW has nothing to do with OC. Yes, you can still OC.

You lose no rights by getting a CCW. This would be like saying that once you get a driver's license, you can no longer walk down a street.

Unfortunately, many people hand out misinformation either through ignorance, or outright deception. LEOs and firearms instructors are frequentlyamong the worst offenders. When someone tells you "it's against the law", ask for the statute number.

jfrey123

imported post

Unfortunately, there is no statute specifically allowing someone to OC with a CCW. There is also no statute that allows you to OC, period.

You have to think about it the other way around: there is no statute prohibiting carrying a weapon in the open. There is a statute prohibiting concealing a weapon, unless you have the permit. But there is nothing in the statute that says you can't OC when you have a CCW in Nevada.

Don't take my word for it either. It's about a half hours worth of your time, but start here: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/NRS-202.html

Scroll down to NRS 202.253, start reading. Rules for CCW start at 202.3653. Do not rely on your instructor's teachings alone, because "my instructor said it was ok" will not help you in court. Your instructor was woefully uninformed.

Vegassteve

imported post

marinescout11 wrote:
Can people that have CCW`s carry there weapon on the outside of their clothes? When I took my testing for my weapon permit I was told it had to be concealed in Clark Co. Las Vegas,Nv.Need info on this......Gunny.

What instructor told you these lies? Please for the sake of others either give the name here or send me a PM. We need this crap to stop.

When someone like that "tells" you a what they "think" is a law ask them for the NRS or clark co code.