Thread: John Pierce on WBUR Boston Today at Noon EST

Post imported post

I will be on WBUR Boston today at Noon EST. An interview with Paul Helmke from the Brady Campaign will follow with a rebuttal. Live streaming is available at the WBUR website.

http://www.wbur.org/media-player?title=Live%20Stream

Listen to recording at http://www.hereandnow.org/2010/04/ru...#Fullbroadcast- go to time hack 6:00

Post imported post

Well done! It would've been nice to hear you rebut Helmke, but perhaps another day.
    Thank you John.

Post imported post

Thanks!

Comments about the show may be posted at

http://www.hereandnow.org/2010/04/ru...14-3/#comments

Currently there are no pro-gun comments. It would be nice if anyone who could, posted POSITIVE and POLITE rebuttals to the uninformed comments there.

Thanks!

John

Post imported post

Decent interview, but Helmke afterwards stated a good point for future reference, and that was, when John was asked why he carried everyday, he never once mentioned for self defense, and that I believe is a tactical error.

Reaching the less legal and politically mindedpeople of our nation, needs to focus alot of our argument on self defense, since after allthat is why the 2nd amendment was created to begin with, self defense from tyranny, be it under the color of law or otherwise..IMO.

Good job over all though.

Post imported post

I just posted two comments.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Listen to recording at http://www.hereandnow.org/2010/04/ru...#Fullbroadcast- go to time hack 6:00

Banned

Post imported post

The thing that comes across when you guys interview is rationality. That is important, because there is a misperception among many that 2A advocates are gun nuts. It is important that we play up the fact that we are normal everyday people doing what should be a normal everyday activity: exercising our rights.

Post imported post

Thank you!

eye95 wrote:
    The thing that comes across when you guys interview is rationality.* That is important, because there is a misperception among many that 2A advocates are gun nuts.* It is important that we play up the fact that we are normal everyday people doing what should be a normal everyday activity:* exercising our rights.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    The thing that comes across when you guys interview is rationality. That is important, because there is a misperception among many that 2A advocates are gun nuts. It is important that we play up the fact that we are normal everyday people doing what should be a normal everyday activity: exercising our rights.
    Right, and that's why I keep saying things re people who want to organize stuff in their state like "no more angry white guys," and to not use terms like "marches," "protests," "fighting," etc. when refering to open carry events or normal everyday open carry.

The English language has lots of words which can be descriptive of what you are doing and not sound like you are angry or on the defensive thus shwoing weakness - use terms like like meeting, rally, picnic, get together, etc.Deploy normal middle class images, like families, dogs, starbucks cups in hand, parks, etc. as part of your event communication.

There is no need to use martial terms or raise your voice - you are already open carrying, everybody knows where you stand and is listening - so be calm, rational, and acknowledge other points of view on the issues and explain why you politely disagree, etc.

Or like Chevy Chase once said, be the ball.

Post imported post

Here in NC I use the term "constitution celebration dinner" or 2nd A. dinner. Which is really what I OC for. If I didnt want to "celebrate I would CC.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Good job John. I don't know why, but everytime I hear Helmke on one of these shows, I feel like I need to go take a shower.