• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time OC...

KingfisherS

imported post

I OC for the first time a few weeks ago before I found this site.

It was at Compass Bank in Jasper. I tell you I have never had bank personnel be sonice in my many visits to this bank. As walked out of the bank I had 2 managers who were huddled uptalkingof bank businesssay "Thank you for your business and come again". I never have had anyone say anything like that to me before in this bank except the teller which is her job to be nice and helpful. She could not see my OC rig because of counter height. So no problems at all, it was normal.

Thanks all

cowboy67

imported post

Cool! My bank, Charter(Opelika) HQ'd in Westpoint, GA, has signs on the door stating no guns allowed.

Been wanting to change banks, but just haven't had the time.

Monkeytown

imported post

Glad all went well. I'm not sure I'm ready to OC in a bank though. you got some brass ones my friend!! Welcome to OCDC - Alabama chapter!!

MT

eye95

imported post

My wife works in a financial institution. She has mentioned to them a few times that they need to be ready for an OCer to walk in. Either they should alert their employees that they are to allow legal carry or they need to post signs (I hope they don't) now.

So far, they are ignoring the issue.

dixieborn

imported post

Small world! (or state) Jasper's my hometown! Well Curry, but when I'm telling people where I'm from, the likelihood of someone having heard of Curry is about as good as Obama joining this forum...

My mom actually taught at Walker High in the 80s and 90s.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

So where did you hear about OC'ing in bama before this site?

As for Compass, I chalk that up to the 'bad' influence of the texas bvcc
taking them over. They don't know you can't in Texas. :lol:
Just don't trust in the banks security cams to CYA, bring your own always.

Monkeytown

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
So where did you hear about OC'ing in bama before this site?

As for Compass, I chalk that up to the 'bad' influence of the texas bvcc
taking them over. They don't know you can't in Texas. :lol:
Just don't trust in the banks security cams to CYA, bring your own always.
I hadn't....this site opened up a whole new world for me. :cool:

smttysmth02gt

imported post

dixieborn wrote:
Small world! (or state) Jasper's my hometown! Well Curry, but when I'm telling people where I'm from, the likelihood of someone having heard of Curry is about as good as Obama joining this forum...

My mom actually taught at Walker High in the 80s and 90s.
Dude I thought you fell off the face of the earth!

dixieborn

imported post

Haha, it's true, I've not been as active of late... things tend to get busy at random times! But hey, was out OC'ing yesterday through Wal-Mart and Books-A-Million with no troubles so that's something!

HungSquirrel

imported post

Which BAM, dixie? I assume the one at McGregor? The one in the mall isn't posted, but every main mall entrance is posted. I figured that wouldn't be the smartest place for me to test the OC waters. :lol:

smttysmth02gt

imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
Which BAM, dixie? I assume the one at McGregor? The one in the mall isn't posted, but every main mall entrance is posted. I figured that wouldn't be the smartest place for me to test the OC waters. :lol:
"Posted"???

eye95

imported post

Jeez, man. Don't say BAM! to a bunch of guys who are armed!

Books-A-Million in Montgomery has been no problem. They don't have pocket Constitutions, though.

HungSquirrel

imported post

By 'posted', I meant had a No Weapons Allowed sign posted conspicuously at the entrances. All main Bel-Air Mall entrances are posted, but the Books-A-Million entrance is not.

smttysmth02gt

imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
By 'posted', I meant had a No Weapons Allowed sign posted conspicuously at the entrances. All main Bel-Air Mall entrances are posted, but the Books-A-Million entrance is not.
Are you serious? I have never seen that before. I have carried concealed in there numerous on occasions.

HungSquirrel

imported post

Yep. The notices are posted close to the ground on the door glass. I never noticed them either until yesterday. I had always entered through Books-A-Million anyway because it's usually my first stop.

smttysmth02gt

imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
Yep. The notices are posted close to the ground on the door glass. I never noticed them either until yesterday. I had always entered through Books-A-Million anyway because it's usually my first stop.
yeah I've always either went in through BAM, Sears, or the clothing store on the other side (whatever it is).

I wonder if they put the signs up after that robbery. Either way, I doubt that will stop off duty cops from CC, nor regular CC people. Would be a bummer for you OC'ers though.

Monkeytown

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Jeez, man. Don't say BAM! to a bunch of guys who are armed!

Books-A-Million in Montgomery has been no problem. They don't have pocket Constitutions, though.
If you join the Heritage Foundation (free) they will send you a pocket Constitution for free. I have two. One brand new and one with notes, comments, highlights, etc.