• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mike Cox Speaking at the 2A March in Lansing!!

G

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Let's get this back on topic.

This is a thread about the Mike Cox for Governor campaign speech!!!

What the hell are you talking about?
What the hell do you think I am talking about?

Isn't this a thread that you started about a speech that was made by a gubernatorial candidate at a 2A rally?

Why are you so defensive whenever anything is mentioned by someone other than yourself about Mike Cox?

Was there something disparaging in my post?

Calm down Mikesilly. You're getting your panties in a bunch over nothing at all.

mikestilly

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:

Isn't this a thread that you started about a speech that was made by a gubernatorial candidate at a 2A rally?

Why are you so defensive whenever anything is mentioned by someone other than yourself about Mike Cox?

Calm down Mikesilly. You're getting your panties in a bunch over nothing at all.

No Pat your post draws conclusions that dont exist. Please provide the information that says how this post is about a campaign speech of Mike for Governor.

You are correct that he is running for governor but his speech had nothing to do with his campaign or did you fail to even listen to it?

G

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:

No Pat your post draws conclusions that dont exist. Please provide the information that says how this post is about a campaign speech of Mike for Governor.

You are correct that he is running for governor but his speech had nothing to do with his campaign or did you fail to even listen to it?
Mike are you so naive as to think that any speech given by a politician is not a campaign speech?

Come on now, I've given you more credit than that.

I know my trust was misplaced, but I didn't think that my observation of your intelligence was also.

mikestilly

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:

Mike are you so naive as to think that any speech given by a politician is not a campaign speech?

I know my trust was misplaced, but I didn't think that my observation of your intelligence was also.

Why dont you knock off the personal attacks.

G

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:

Why dont you knock off the personal attacks.
Mike, you're seeing things that are not there.

You need to calm down.

CoonDog

imported post

Back to the topic of Mike Cox:

I think it's funny, and maybe even a little shady, that Mike Cox doesn't even own a gun yet intends to position himself as the leading 2A proponent.

A little birdy told me that Mike Cox has paid off the Tea Party Express so as to exclude other gubernatorial candidates from speaking on the tour. This is only through the grape-vine, but perhaps American Sheepdog could confirm whether Stacey Mathia has run into trouble getting access to the mic at the various stops?

G

imported post

CoonDog wrote:

I think it's funny, and maybe even a little shady, that Mike Cox doesn't even own a gun yet intends to position himself as the leading 2A proponent.

A little birdy told me that Mike Cox has paid off the Tea Party Express so as to exclude other gubernatorial candidates from speaking on the tour. This is only through the grape-vine, but perhaps American Sheepdog could confirm whether Stacey Mathia has run into trouble getting access to the mic at the various stops?
Be careful there CoonDog.

You know Mikesilly loves Cox.

mikestilly

imported post

CoonDog wrote:

A little birdy told me that Mike Cox has paid off the Tea Party Express so as to exclude other gubernatorial candidates from speaking on the tour.  This is only through the grape-vine, but perhaps American Sheepdog could confirm whether Stacey Mathia has run into trouble getting access to the mic at the various stops?

Well I feel I have to interject some facts in this opinion above. Mike doesnt CURRENTLY own a firearm. He has owned several firearms. He's not as an enthusiast as most of us but who the hell can say that you need to own firearms to believe in the constitution and the second amendment. Seems like you just want to get negative for some reason.

As for paying off tea party people I'm not going to even comment on that. It's the dumbest comment I heard in a while.

autosurgeon

imported post

I have to interject and say I agree with Mike about the ownership bit. Until 2008 I did not own a firearm. I however was an ardent supporter of our 2A rights and voted accordingly.

I now own a nice collection and have become an enthusiast perhaps even an activist according to some. However I know many people that own 1 or 0 guns yet still support our rights. We even have members of our gun club that have no firearms but yet are NRA members and donate time and money to the cause.

So lets be careful when we lump people into categories based one whether they own a firearm or not.

G

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I heard, (yeah I know,) that Mike Cox is gonna be in trouble over the manugian mansion crap in the D, What do you all think?
Some would like to make political mischief of that, but Mike Cox is not a fool.

While the parties are discounted by many as urban legends, there is no doubt to me that they were real.

However, I doubt that there will ever be any connection to Mike Cox whatsoever simply because there is none.

They're all just politicians though with their political lives at stake and nothing more.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
American Sheepdog wrote:
I would also say that whether a person OC's or not has little to do with there support of 2A rights. I know people that never OC but are big supporters of the movement.

It really comes down to personal choice.
True, but I feel more reassured when someone is willing to walk the walk while talking the talk;).springerdave.

RenegadeMarine

imported post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole point here to get all theNON gun owners to supportOC and our 2nd Amendment Right!! I think I would rather have 10 non gun owners support us than 1 gun owner. But thats just my opinion.

G

imported post

RenegadeMarine wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole point here to get all theNON gun owners to supportOC and our 2nd Amendment Right!! I think I would rather have 10 non gun owners support us than 1 gun owner. But thats just my opinion.
Agreed that support is wanted. But the discussion here is about leadership. And leaders need to lead by example.

As autosurgeon pointed out about himself, he was a supporter prior to ownership.

He is now an owner, activist, and leader in MOC. He is furthermore one of the solid leaders of MOC that leads by his example.

Any skilled orator can give fluffy speeches.

Having said that though, I do not infer that Mike Cox is not a true supporter. He is however a career politician. And career politicians do not get re-employed by taking hard line positions.

I would like to see the same speech given to the Optimist Club, the Rotary Club, or the United Methodist Church.

Won't happen. Not politically expedient.

But I'd bet my bottom dollar that American Sheepdog would do it. I say this, not as a supporter, but as a realist that sees his conviction.