• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beretta 92 FS .22LR conversion kit

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

I just purchased a .22 LR conversion kit that is on its way to my home from the east coast. The recoil obviously is not going to be the same as the 9mm round but I really like the idea that I will be holding the same grip and dealing with the same trigger.

I am curious if there are any other people who practice with a .22 LR conversion kit or cheap shoot gun in order to save on ammo but still get some trigger time in? Has it worked well for you?

Thanks

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
I just purchased a .22 LR conversion kit that is on its way to my home from the east coast. The recoil obviously is not going to be the same as the 9mm round but I really like the idea that I will be holding the same grip and dealing with the same trigger.

I am curious if there are any other people who practice with a .22 LR conversion kit or cheap shoot gun in order to save on ammo but still get some trigger time in? Has it worked well for you?

Thanks

I thought about that, but since I own a .22 I just use that.

I think shooting different ammo thru the gun you use for self defense might change how you use it when it is needed.

Norman

imported post

Yep, I own one for my glock 23, and will buy one shortly for my Beretta. The biggest thing I've noticed is that it changes your recoil recovery. What I have read, and what I adhere to, is that I shoot a magazine or two through my normal upper before I finish my practice. I do enjoy it though, and will continue to use it for trigger control, target movement etc.

kschmadeka

imported post

I've got the Advantage Arms conversion for my Glock 23 and love it. Only thing about it is that it only chews through Mini Mags reliably and even those are getting spendy... But when I go practicing I canbring a 500 round brick of ammo and go through lots of drills before I run out. When that's over the gun is feeling really comfortable in the hand and hitting targetsis pretty mucheffortless. Then of course I finish witha few mags of .40 to keep the feel of full power ammo. You'll like yours a lot I think.

killchain

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:

Thanks
I have the Johnathan Ceiner .22LR conversion kit for my 92FS. It took about 300 rounds to break in, but after that it worked well enough.

The slide wouldn't seat all the way at first and I'd have to thumb tap it to get it to chamber, but that went away with the break in.

It's fun and cheap. :)

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
Who, besides Ceiner, makes a .22 kit for the 92? Looking for one for my ex-girlfriend. TIA!
Beretta makes a conversion kit, but it is a bit more than the Ciener. Also, you have to be quick on the site because when they are in stock they go really super fast.

PavePusher

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
PavePusher wrote:
Who, besides Ceiner, makes a .22 kit for the 92? Looking for one for my ex-girlfriend. TIA!
Beretta makes a conversion kit, but it is a bit more than the Ciener. Also, you have to be quick on the site because when they are in stock they go really super fast.
Got a link to this? The Beretta web site is terrible.... TIA!