• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Santa Clarita meetup

BigTOC

imported post

Looking to start a meetup in Santa Clarita with some folks.

As Americans we are losing our rights little by little. I am looking for some people to Open Carry in Santa Clarita. I feel it should be done with local Law enforcement knowing what we are doing, when we are doing it and where. Our law enforcement has enough to worry about lets bring them up to speed so as not to cause panic. Imagine your an officer, you get a call "MAN WITH A GUN" What would be running threw your head. Lets take out the unknown and give these people some help so we can be helped with our cause.

Last edited:

BigTOC

imported post

Ok lets get some help from some of the folks that have been threw it and move ahead. Lets set a date and make it happen.

huckermcshingle

imported post

I live in Stevenson Ranch... un-icorporated Los Angeles County but the same "city" as Santa Clarita (cross one street and it's Santa Clarita). I am open to meet at my house and walk down to the local Starbucks... not more than a quarter-mile or so from my place. Stevenson Ranch "rents" the LA County Sheriff's Department to "rule" our streets... FYI.

x-man

imported post

Whats the deal when transport of a weapon ? do you have to bag and lock it?

huckermcshingle

imported post

I am assuming you are talking about transporting a gun in a vehicle... a handgun must be unloaded and in a locked (padlock, combination lock, key lock, etc.) container during transport in a vehicle. A locked trunk (or boot if you are from across the pond) constitutes a locked container. A locked glove box DOES NOT. The material of the container does not matter. "Long guns" (aka rifles and shotguns) just need to be unloaded.

When I transport, I also keep the locked containers out of my arms reach and I keep the ammo away from the guns. Not really necessary, but in Commie-fornia I go the extra stretch just to avoid the hassle.

coolusername2007

imported post

huckermcshingle wrote:
I am assuming you are talking about transporting a gun in a vehicle... a handgun must be unloaded and in a locked (padlock, combination lock, key lock, etc.) container during transport in a vehicle. A locked trunk (or boot if you are from across the pond) constitutes a locked container. A locked glove box DOES NOT. The material of the container does not matter. "Long guns" (aka rifles and shotguns) just need to be unloaded.

When I transport, I also keep the locked containers out of my arms reach and I keep the ammo away from the guns. Not really necessary, but in Commie-fornia I go the extra stretch just to avoid the hassle.

It is legal toopen carry and drive at the same time. There's nothing illegal about it. Its just you must either avoid GFSZ's while on route or you must lock it up while in the school zone.

Unloaded, locked up or in a trunk is the only legal means to transport a concealed handgun.

ETA: There's no penal code that says the locked container must be out of arms reach. To meliberty is worth the hassle.

huckermcshingle

imported post

Really? Wow. I am amazed by that. I will have to go back through the penal codes to assure myself of that. I am not doubting you, but I must do my due diligence so I don't get locked up. Saying that somebody else told you it's okay doesn't mean it's legal. Anybody have specific evidence or citations from the codes?

huckermcshingle

imported post

...and sorry for doubting. Us newbies are trying to learn but it's like putting your mouth over a fire hose and turning it on. As the experienced members educate the less experienced members, the protection of our liberties gains strength.

mjones

imported post

huckermcshingle wrote:
...and sorry for doubting. Us newbies are trying to learn but it's like putting your mouth over a fire hose and turning it on. As the experienced members educate the less experienced members, the protection of our liberties gains strength.
Take your time grasshopper :)

mjones

imported post

huckermcshingle wrote:

You've already been corrected and you have crosschecked it for your own peace of mind. This is part of why this site requires a cite-to-authority for an assertion of law.

If you had looked for a citation to back your assertion...

Welcome Aboard! :celebrate

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

huckermcshingle wrote:
...Saying that somebody else told you it's okay doesn't mean it's legal. Anybody have specific evidence or citations from the codes?
Agreed. It's better to do your own research. As for evidence/citations from the code...

Can you cite a case or code that says it's legal to wear a green t-shirt on a Tuesday?

The correct answer is "no." That which is not prohibited would not normally appear in code or case law.

The same goes for the imaginary crime of "transporting a firearm in a vehicle."

The confusion comes from misinterpretations of the laws regarding the CONCEALED carrying of a firearm in a vehicle. 12026 presents specific exemptions to 12025. Some misinterpret these exemptions to one law as being a legal proscription of the only possible legal way to transport a firearm, even when 12025 does not apply.

Simply put: there is no law or case to prove the truth... because it's not illegal it's not in the code or case law.

Now, if you're blown away by this one... imagine what else you've taken for granted. There's a whole big world of freedom out there... and there's a lot of people trying to pull the wool over your eyes to hide it. It's gotten to the point that the lies are being repeated by CCW instructers, gun shop owners, and most of the general population.

This sort of thing goes beyond the gun issue, but I'll try to not derail the thread with that. I'll simply leave you with: be skeptical of ANY claim, especially the things you think are "common knowledge."

anthonyakadayday

imported post

BigTOC wrote:
Ok lets get some help from some of the folks that have been threw it and move ahead. Lets set a date and make it happen.
I vote for somewhere like starbucksone month from now Sunday May 23rd or somewhere around that date. Just give people enough time to make plans to attend.

BigTOC

imported post

Ok great lets do it enough is enough, we have to watch this and make sure no new laws are in palce, Call all local news and lets draw a lot of att. everyone read the laws and know how we are to act. We should have a meeting before the OC make sure everyone is on the same page.