• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Santa Clarita meetup

BigTOC

imported post

anthonyakadayday wrote:
BigTOC wrote:
Ok lets get some help from some of the folks that have been threw it and move ahead. Lets set a date and make it happen.
I vote for somewhere like starbucks one month from now Sunday May 23rd or somewhere around that date. Just give people enough time to make plans to attend.[/quote
So you in

peewee612

imported post

anthonyakadayday wrote:
YA.The starbucks at19105 Golden Valley Rd Santa Clarita, CA 91387 seems to farthest from any school zone and close to a freewy. Check google maps.

Isn't there a school on the corner of Via Princessa and Golden Valley? I'll drive by there on my way into work today and get back to you...

peewee612

imported post

peewee612 wrote:
anthonyakadayday wrote:
YA.The starbucks at19105 Golden Valley Rd Santa Clarita, CA 91387 seems to farthest from any school zone and close to a freewy. Check google maps.

Isn't there a school on the corner of Via Princessa and Golden Valley? I'll drive by there on my way into work today and get back to you...

There definitely is a school on the corner of Princessa and Golden Valley, I don't know if it's 1,000ft from Starbucks...

anthonyakadayday

imported post

peewee612 wrote:
peewee612 wrote:
anthonyakadayday wrote:

There definitely is a school on the corner of Princessa and Golden Valley, I don't know if it's 1,000ft from Starbucks...
Im going off of google maps and it seemed far enough.I guess some good recon is needed to make this legal and safe for all.

peewee612

imported post

anthonyakadayday wrote:
peewee612 wrote:
peewee612 wrote:
anthonyakadayday wrote:

Im going off of google maps and it seemed far enough.I guess some good recon is needed to make this legal and safe for all.

I'm horrible at distances, someone else might wanna make that call, but it is close.

Sandfire

imported post

So I have this handy app on my phone that will judge distance on the map. And if valley view elementary is what you are looking at, it is well over 2000ft away.

Unless there is another school I can't see on the map. It looks like that whole area is under construction.

peewee612

imported post

Sandfire wrote:
So I have this handy app on my phone that will judge distance on the map. And if valley view elementary is what you are looking at, it is well over 2000ft away.

Unless there is another school I can't see on the map. It looks like that whole area is under construction.

The school is right on the corner of Via Princessa and Golden Valley, I think the name was Oaks something or other. I will make it a point of getting the name on my way in tomorrow.

Sandfire

imported post

So I checked out another map and found the school. Google is outdated so I wouldnt go by that map if you are looking. I checked the distance and it still is over 1000ft but it could be a little risky getting there. I would maybe try to find another location.

peewee612

imported post

There's another Starbucks on the corner of Bouquet Canyon and Newhall Ranch. The closest school, I know of, is off Bouquet and Festividad, to the east of the Starbucks. Maybe you can measure the distance of this one and it might work out?

mjones

imported post

peewee612 wrote:
There's another Starbucks on the corner of Bouquet Canyon and Newhall Ranch. The closest school, I know of, is off Bouquet and Festividad, to the east of the Starbucks. Maybe you can measure the distance of this one and it might work out?

Emblem Elementary School

22635 Espuella Drive, Saugus, CA‎

peewee612

imported post

mjones wrote:
peewee612 wrote:

Emblem Elementary School

22635 Espuella Drive, Saugus, CA‎

Yes! It seems to be about 1200 ft from the school, as the crow flys...

PincheOgro1

imported post

huckermcshingle wrote:
Really? Wow. I am amazed by that. I will have to go back through the penal codes to assure myself of that. I am not doubting you, but I must do my due diligence so I don't get locked up. Saying that somebody else told you it's okay doesn't mean it's legal. Anybody have specific evidence or citations from the codes?
PC 12026.1 - PC 12026.2