• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man Says Gun Used In Drunken Foreplay Killed Girlfriend

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://www.kirotv.com/news/23125626/detail.html

Man Says Gun Used In Drunken Foreplay Killed Girlfriend
Posted: 10:46 am PDT April 12, 2010Updated: 2:06 pm PDT April 12, 2010

GRANITE FALLS, Wash. -- [/b]A 25-year-old man says he accidentally shot to death his 22-year-old girlfriend with a gun they used during drunken foreplay, said Rebecca Hover of the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.

The man told detectives that he and his girlfriend of 10 years had been drinking at a party in their home Saturday night and afterward were intimate in bed.

He told police that he rubbed the loaded handgun all over his girlfriend after consuming more than one six-pack of beer. He said his girlfriend drank six bottles of Mike’s Hard Lemonade.

He said that the couple forgot about the gun until after having sex. He said he found the gun at the foot of the bed and picked it up. When he swung his arm toward his girlfriend, it went off, he told police.

He called 911, and deputies responded at about 5:30 a.m. Sunday to the home in the 23200 block of 134th Street Northeast in unincorporated Granite Falls.

Hover said, "He was adamant the shooting was an accident."

He called himself an "idiot" several times during an interview with police and implied he would hurt himself for what he’d done, police said.

During the incident, the couple's two young children were asleep in the same room on a different bed, Hover said.

The man was booked into the Snohomish County Jail Sunday afternoon on a charge of first-degree manslaughter.

Hover said a background check indicated that there have been three previous domestic violence incidents involving the couple between 2007 and 2009, with the girlfriend as the victim.

The case remains under investigation.

Aaron1124

imported post

I heard about it on the news. Absolutely disgusting, in my opinion. The man should be 100% held accountable for his actions. It doesn't matter if they're doing it for "fun". Those are the dangers involved when you're playing around with a lethal weapon. Very VERY negligent.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have an answer for the Brady's and Anti Gun folk. This concerns reducing gun violence in our society and keeping guns out of the hands of felons. AND it will NOT restrict law abiding gun owners in any way!

How do you do this you ask? That is an excellent question.

If you become a violent felon then you stay in prison for life. (This would need to be defined as a felon who used violence, a weaplon, etc)

If you are in prison for life, no parole, you can not be a felon in possesion of a firearm. This would have a dramatic effect on reducing crime and gun violence. Most criminals become repeat offenders.

FrankC

imported post

Glocked and Loaded wrote:
I thought you cant get/own a gun if you have a DV on your record?
But I might be wrong... I dunno.

You would have to be convicted of dv to lose your firearm rights currently.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

9.41.040:

(1)(a) A person, whether an adult or juvenile, is guilty of the crime of unlawful possession of a firearm in the first degree, if the person owns, has in his or her possession, or has in his or her control any firearm after having previously been convicted or found not guilty by reason of insanity in this state or elsewhere of any serious offense as defined in this chapter.

(b) Unlawful possession of a firearm in the first degree is a class B felony punishable according to chapter 9A.20 RCW.

(2)(a) A person, whether an adult or juvenile, is guilty of the crime of unlawful possession of a firearm in the second degree, if the person does not qualify under subsection (1) of this section for the crime of unlawful possession of a firearm in the first degree and the person owns, has in his or her possession, or has in his or her control any firearm:

(i) After having previously been convicted or found not guilty by reason of insanity in this state or elsewhere of any felony not specifically listed as prohibiting firearm possession under subsection (1) of this section, or any of the following crimes when committed by one family or household member against another, committed on or after July 1, 1993: Assault in the fourth degree, coercion, stalking, reckless endangerment, criminal trespass in the first degree, or violation of the provisions of a protection order or no-contact order restraining the person or excluding the person from a residence (RCW 26.50.060, 26.50.070, 26.50.130, or 10.99.040);

j2l3

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
If you have been charged and convicted of any sort of DV, even Assault 4, then you lose your rights to own or possess a firearm.
Agreed, the operative word being in bold and underlined.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

What the hell kind of fetish is that?

This guy was right when he called himself an idiot. If he was convicted of DV, he shouldn't have had the gun in the first place.

Matt85

imported post

i would say both the man and the woman are complete idiots! :banghead:

ive known girls to be turned on by firearms (one of my ex-girlfriends) but the gun should never be loaded. a loaded firearm is not a toy/sex toy!

-matt

FMCDH

imported post

I don't buy "accident".

I think we may see this turn into more than just manslaughter.

j2l3

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
What the hell kind of fetish is that?

This guy was right when he called himself an idiot. If he was convicted of DV, he shouldn't have had the gun in the first place.
The article doesn't reference any convictions, only that there was record of previousincidents of DV between them.

Aaron1124

imported post

Matt85 wrote:

ive known girls to be turned on by firearms (one of my ex-girlfriends) but the gun should never be loaded. a loaded firearm is not a toy/sex toy!

-matt
In my opinion, playing around with even a supposed unloaded firearm is dangerous. You never know.. you might forget to check the chamber during the heat of the moment or something stupid like that. Same thing with those weirdos who enjoy the "rape" fantasies and hold knives up to their neck. What are you going to do if you accidentally fall forward with the blade? Just not a good idea all together, but whatever tickles their fancy, I guess.

FrankC

imported post

Matt85 wrote:

-matt

Guns are not toys and should never be treated as if they are!

Rule #1 is treat all guns as if they are loaded, never point a gun at something that you do not intend to destroy. Anyone stupid enough to get turned on by a gun to their head obviously needs straightening out but not in a way that ends up killing them.