• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man Says Gun Used In Drunken Foreplay Killed Girlfriend

sudden valley gunner

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
I don't buy "accident".

I think we may see this turn into more than just manslaughter.

+1 I feel too that some of these "accidents" with children are suspect too.

Like the one a few weeks ago in the south where a three year old girl pulled the 12 pound trigger on a revolver and shot herself in the stomach, and the mothertold the police the daughter thought it was a "Wii" remote?

killchain

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
I have an answer for the Brady's and Anti Gun folk. This concerns reducing gun violence in our society and keeping guns out of the hands of felons. AND it will NOT restrict law abiding gun owners in any way!

How do you do this you ask? That is an excellent question.

If you become a violent felon then you stay in prison for life. (This would need to be defined as a felon who used violence, a weaplon, etc)

If you are in prison for life, no parole, you can not be a felon in possesion of a firearm. This would have a dramatic effect on reducing crime and gun violence. Most criminals become repeat offenders.
As far as the Domestic Violence, they have this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_Violence_Offender_Gun_Ban

The "Lautenberg Amendment" as it's called, if you are convicted you lose your right to own a firearm. Many a military person has gotten discharged because they went home drunk, hit their spouse, and got convicted.

And as far as felons in prison forever... sounds great... but can you imagine how EXPENSIVE that would be? We pay enough as it is to educate felons (I love how they get LAW degrees -_- )

I have a good solution. Don't play with firearms when you're inebriated. And this goes for clubs, knives, pepper spray, etc.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

killchain wrote:
I have a good solution. Don't play with firearms when you're inebriated. And this goes for clubs, knives, pepper spray, etc.
*giggles*.

*Also shudders remembering the horror.......:what:*

.45ACPaddy

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:
What the hell kind of fetish is that?

This guy was right when he called himself an idiot. If he was convicted of DV, he shouldn't have had the gun in the first place.
The article doesn't reference any convictions, only that there was record of previousincidents of DV between them.
Which is why I said if. Haven't read the article yet.