Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet The Candidates 04-27-2010

Post imported post

Below is the information I sent out today regarding an upcoming Meet the Candidates Night.

I realize its not directly gun or OC related, but the only way to turn things around is to vote out the current corruption.

Please pass it along. I'm working on a flyer and will attach that as soon as it is ready. I can be reached here via PM or by email if needed.

Thanks
    MEET THE CANDIDATES NIGHT

The Orchard Grill & Bar, Baldwin, WI – Come and become educated about those who are running for office in 2010. A meet the candidate night has been set for Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at The Orchard Grill & Bar, 571 US Hwy 63, Baldwin WI, 54002 at 7 PM. (http://theorchardofbaldwin.com) The cost is FREE!

The following 2010 candidates have been invited to speak so you can make an informed decision in November! Please become educated and help take back our great country!

Invited:
    Atty Gen: JB VanHollen;
    Governor: Scott Walker, Mark Neumann;
    Lt. Governor: Dave Ross, Ben Collins, Brett Davis (representative confirmed attending), Rebecca Kleefisch;
    State Treasurer: Scott Feldt;
    Secretary of State: Pastor David King (confirmed attending);
    3rd Congress District: Dan Kapanke (confirmed attending);
    US Senate: David Westlake, Terrance Wall;
    State Assembly: John Murtha;
    City of Hudson Mayor: Dean Knudson (confirmed attending).

Due to the high volume of calls, please don’t contact The Orchard.

Find me on Facebook. I am Defiance Personal Protection.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Def...386781?sk=wall

Banned

Post imported post

Mark Todd has dropped out of the race.

There is a new comer though, and from what I hear he has more money than Walker and Nuemann put together. This guy is a self made Millionaire and his name is Paderick
    Paderickforgovernor.com

He is Pro Gun and from what I hear he is in favor of the same kind of bill as they are getting ready to pass in Arizona. I also heard is is against the GFSZ. Walker and Nuemann are for the GFSZ.

Things could get interesting.

Post imported post

Link above is incorrect. here's the correct one

www.paterickforgovernor.com

Banned

Post imported post

Thanks sorry for the dead link.

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    He is Pro Gun and from what I hear he is in favor of the same kind of bill as they are getting ready to pass in Arizona. I also heard is is against the GFSZ. Walker and Nuemann are for the GFSZ.
    Where did you find this information? I can't find anything about his stance on issues.

Banned

Post imported post

DRG wrote:
    J.Gleason wrote:
    Where did you find this information? I can't find anything about his stance on issues.
    If you look at his site he invites anyone to contact him at any time. I know from a another person who has talked to him on the gun issues. The information was passed along to me by him.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

He said she said hearsay? The glory of the printed word is that the truths and the lies are forever!

Banned

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    DRG wrote:
    J.Gleason wrote:
    If you look at his site he invites anyone to contact him at any time. I know from a another person who has talked to him on the gun issues. The information was passed along to me by him.
    Call and ask for yourself.Then post the response here.

Post imported post

Thank you to all who came and joined us last night! We had around 85 join us for our first night, which was amazing considering none of the papers picked up the press release!

We plan on having these once/month from now until the election, so please watch for more to come!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Banned

Post imported post

Which Candidates showed up?

Post imported post

This time, we had A Rep forBrett Davis as he already had something scheduled for that night, Pastor David King, Dan Kapanke, John Murtha, and Dean Knudson. Dave Ross was going to come and had some mayor duties arise last minute. He is the current mayor of Superior and stated that is his priority over campaigning, which we appreciated his straight-forwardness about.

It was great. Very relaxed, informalsetting. The audience was able to ask many questions and get some face-time with the candidates.

Next event, we're hoping to have more/different candidates as its a little farther out and they can schedule better, possibly.

Hope to see you at the next one!

Banned

Post imported post

More importantly, what empty words were mouthed by politician activists?

Banned

Post imported post

Hmmm, not one Gubernatorial Candidate? Wow! I guess that show just how important the constituents are to the Candidates.

I should have known they wouldn't show up. They are too afraid to be questioned on their positions on the issues.

Banned

Post imported post

As always, actions speak more loudly than words, any of them carry a gun?

Post imported post

Neither of you were there, yet you choose to troll a forum and make snide comments?

Maybe if you would take some action and show up, you could direct your pent up energy towards a meaningful cause.

The candidates that were there were very gracious and answered many tough questions. If you had met any of these men, you would know that not a one of them is a career politician, but that these men are SERVANTS to their constituents.

Shut your mouths and stop hiding on the internet.

Banned

Post imported post

How is that a snide comment? It was fact that you confirmed in your previous post.

None of the gubernatorial candidates showed up and those were the candidates that I was referring too.

So what exactly is your problem? Or do you only like to ask the candy coated questions? You know the ones that won't hurt a candidates feelings.

If the Gubernatorial candidates would have shown their faces you can bet I would have been there, although you more than likely would have censored me so I couldn't ask their positions on OCW, CCW, the transportation restrictions or the GFSZ.

Your one of those sheeple type that don't want to make any waves? Gee I thought you were better than that.

Banned

Post imported post

countrymama wrote:
    Neither of you were there, yet you choose to troll a forum and make snide comments?

Maybe if you would take some action and show up, you could direct your pent up energy towards a meaningful cause.

The candidates that were there were very gracious and answered many tough questions. If you had met any of these men, you would know that not a one of them is a career politician, but that these men are SERVANTS to their constituents.

Shut your mouths and stop hiding on the internet.
    Murtha isn't a career politician?

Hmmmm.

Post imported post

I did attend this event last night. It was a good , informative event. I feel that those in attendance have positive feeling and actions toward 2A.

Gleason - do you even know who John Murtha is? He has only been in theAssembly since 2007.

Wisconsin Carry Inc - Founders Club Member
    NRA - Life Member
    3rd generation US Air Force Veteran

Banned

Post imported post

goforlow wrote:
    I did attend this event last night. It was a good , informative event. I feel that those in attendance have positive feeling and actions toward 2A.

Gleason - do you even know who John Murtha is? He has only been in theAssembly since 2007.

John Murtha is a Republican member of the Wisconsin State Assembly, representing the 29th District since 2006. Prior to his election to the Assembly, Murtha served as Chair of the Town of Eau Galle Board of Supervisors from 2003-2006, and a member from 1999-2003.

Yes he is a career politician

Never the less, as I stated earlier I was referring to the Gubernatorial Candidates.

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    Hmmm, not one Gubernatorial Candidate? Wow! I guess that show just how important the constituents are to the Candidates.

I should have known they wouldn't show up. They are too afraid to be questioned on their positions on the issues.
    The reason there weren’t any Gubernatorial Candidates there was, they all are in full campaign mode and didn’t have enough lead time to make it work.

All 3 leading GOP candidates are from the far eastern part of the state which is 4 hour drive minimum. On a week day night, I’ll give them a little slack on this 1st event.

They have all expressed interest in attending. Scott Paterick and Mark Newman have stated that they will be attending the next event.

I think with the great turnout, they won’t be able to help themselves. They will be tripping over themselves to come and address 80 – 100 folks.

As for any carry issues, there were 3 of us OCing; Goforlow, Countrymama, and myself. Our position on carry and the 2nd Amendment in general was openly discussed and very well supported by all the candidates and concerned citizens attending.

The owner of the establishment signed permission slips to go armed in their establishment that serves alcohol in compliance with Wi. State Statute 941.237(2)(3)(g)

The next event has now been scheduled for June 1st at 7:00 at the Orchard Bar and Grill in Baldwin. http://theorchardofbaldwin.com

If attending Please [/b]plan on coming early and patronizing the restaurant, they have fabulous food.
    If you fail to:
    Know your rights;
    Exercise your Liberty;
    and Teach Freedom;
    You are sure to lose it all.

Carry on; Carry Always

WCI Founders Club Member
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Post imported post

gleason - so 10 years to someone over 50 is a career?

I will be going to the next event also. This time I plan to partake in the food...it smelled outstanding!

NRA - Life Member

Banned

Post imported post

Are you serious? Hell yes it is a career! What the hell do you think it is? Doylette has been Governor for 8 years do you consider that a career position? It is that kind of thinking that allows the bureaucratic unconstitutional bull crap that has been going on in this state for more the last 10 years or more to continue.

Until we vote out these career politicians and get candidates into office that do not have special interest backing (I.E. The Brady bunch or Bloombergs idiots) things will never change.

IMHO if you have been in political office for 10 years and you have made no attempt to rectify these unconstitutional laws in this state then you need to go.

Quit making excuses for these feckin idiots just for the sake of argument. They need to go period. We need to campaign against every last one of them and get them all removed from office. It is the only way to send a message to our government that we are not going to take it anymore. They will govern for the people and by the people or not at all.

or is that to hard to understand?

To be honest all I am starting to see here is that most of the members here, not all, would be afraid to stand up and campaign against these dead beat politicians. Or prove me wrong.

Post imported post

gleason - first off relax. I have not insulted you, please return the favor.

next, Murtha is 58 years old, he started in politics, as you stated, as a member of a town board at 48 years old. In my opinion, a bit late in life to "start" a career.

Also, I know next to nothing about Murtha. I have no connection to him and at this point don't care what happens to him. I am attending these meeting to try and learn about these candidates. He is not in my district, and I still do not know if I would recommend someone vote for him anyway. My gut reaction is still undecided.

That being said, I am in similar agreement about term limits. If the president cannot be in office longer than 8 years, NO ONE else should be in ANY position any longer.

Quit making excuses? Any political person who is not a servant of the people they are suppose to represent should defiantly be voted out of office. Period!

Hard to understand...I have not insulted you in any way, don't insult me either!
    I understand what you stated and agree almost completely. We are probably more similar than you know.

As to standing up to the candidates, I have no fear of questions anyone if I don't agree with them or if I think that they are doing something against the constitution.
    Running for office, not me, I don't have the money, and can't speak eloquently. As anyone can see from my posts!

NRA - Life Member

Banned

Post imported post

How did I insult you? When I wrote "is this to hard to understand" I was referring to all voters not an individual poster.

There was no individual or personal attack, period.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast