• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet The Candidates 04-27-2010

countrymama

imported post

Below is the information I sent out today regarding an upcoming Meet the Candidates Night.

I realize its not directly gun or OC related, but the only way to turn things around is to vote out the current corruption.

Please pass it along. I'm working on a flyer and will attach that as soon as it is ready. I can be reached here via PM or by email if needed.

Thanks
MEET THE CANDIDATES NIGHT

The Orchard Grill & Bar, Baldwin, WI – Come and become educated about those who are running for office in 2010. A meet the candidate night has been set for Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at The Orchard Grill & Bar, 571 US Hwy 63, Baldwin WI, 54002 at 7 PM. (http://theorchardofbaldwin.com) The cost is FREE!

The following 2010 candidates have been invited to speak so you can make an informed decision in November! Please become educated and help take back our great country!

Invited:
Atty Gen: JB VanHollen;
Governor: Scott Walker, Mark Neumann;
Lt. Governor: Dave Ross, Ben Collins, Brett Davis (representative confirmed attending), Rebecca Kleefisch;
State Treasurer: Scott Feldt;
Secretary of State: Pastor David King (confirmed attending);
3[suP]rd[/suP] Congress District: Dan Kapanke (confirmed attending);
US Senate: David Westlake, Terrance Wall;
State Assembly: John Murtha;
City of Hudson Mayor: Dean Knudson (confirmed attending).

Due to the high volume of calls, please don’t contact The Orchard.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Mark Todd has dropped out of the race.

There is a new comer though, and from what I hear he has more money than Walker and Nuemann put together. This guy is a self made Millionaire and his name is Paderick
Paderickforgovernor.com

He is Pro Gun and from what I hear he is in favor of the same kind of bill as they are getting ready to pass in Arizona. I also heard is is against the GFSZ. Walker and Nuemann are for the GFSZ.

Things could get interesting.

DRG

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
He is Pro Gun and from what I hear he is in favor of the same kind of bill as they are getting ready to pass in Arizona. I also heard is is against the GFSZ. Walker and Nuemann are for the GFSZ.
Where did you find this information? I can't find anything about his stance on issues.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

DRG wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Where did you find this information? I can't find anything about his stance on issues.
If you look at his site he invites anyone to contact him at any time. I know from a another person who has talked to him on the gun issues. The information was passed along to me by him.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
DRG wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
If you look at his site he invites anyone to contact him at any time. I know from a another person who has talked to him on the gun issues. The information was passed along to me by him.
Call and ask for yourself.Then post the response here.

countrymama

imported post

Thank you to all who came and joined us last night! We had around 85 join us for our first night, which was amazing considering none of the papers picked up the press release!

We plan on having these once/month from now until the election, so please watch for more to come!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

countrymama

imported post

This time, we had A Rep forBrett Davis as he already had something scheduled for that night, Pastor David King, Dan Kapanke, John Murtha, and Dean Knudson. Dave Ross was going to come and had some mayor duties arise last minute. He is the current mayor of Superior and stated that is his priority over campaigning, which we appreciated his straight-forwardness about.

It was great. Very relaxed, informalsetting. The audience was able to ask many questions and get some face-time with the candidates.

Next event, we're hoping to have more/different candidates as its a little farther out and they can schedule better, possibly.

Hope to see you at the next one!

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Hmmm, not one Gubernatorial Candidate? Wow! I guess that show just how important the constituents are to the Candidates.

I should have known they wouldn't show up. They are too afraid to be questioned on their positions on the issues.

countrymama

imported post

Neither of you were there, yet you choose to troll a forum and make snide comments?

Maybe if you would take some action and show up, you could direct your pent up energy towards a meaningful cause.

The candidates that were there were very gracious and answered many tough questions. If you had met any of these men, you would know that not a one of them is a career politician, but that these men are SERVANTS to their constituents.

Shut your mouths and stop hiding on the internet.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

How is that a snide comment? It was fact that you confirmed in your previous post.

None of the gubernatorial candidates showed up and those were the candidates that I was referring too.

So what exactly is your problem? Or do you only like to ask the candy coated questions? You know the ones that won't hurt a candidates feelings.

If the Gubernatorial candidates would have shown their faces you can bet I would have been there, although you more than likely would have censored me so I couldn't ask their positions on OCW, CCW, the transportation restrictions or the GFSZ.

Your one of those sheeple type that don't want to make any waves? Gee I thought you were better than that.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

countrymama wrote:
Neither of you were there, yet you choose to troll a forum and make snide comments?

Maybe if you would take some action and show up, you could direct your pent up energy towards a meaningful cause.

The candidates that were there were very gracious and answered many tough questions. If you had met any of these men, you would know that not a one of them is a career politician, but that these men are SERVANTS to their constituents.

Shut your mouths and stop hiding on the internet.
Murtha isn't a career politician?

Hmmmm.

goforlow

imported post

I did attend this event last night. It was a good , informative event. I feel that those in attendance have positive feeling and actions toward 2A.

Gleason - do you even know who John Murtha is? He has only been in the Assembly since 2007.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

goforlow wrote:
I did attend this event last night. It was a good , informative event. I feel that those in attendance have positive feeling and actions toward 2A.

Gleason - do you even know who John Murtha is? He has only been in the Assembly since 2007.
John Murtha is a Republican member of the Wisconsin State Assembly, representing the 29th District since 2006. Prior to his election to the Assembly, Murtha served as Chair of the Town of Eau Galle Board of Supervisors from 2003-2006, and a member from 1999-2003.

Yes he is a career politician

Never the less, as I stated earlier I was referring to the Gubernatorial Candidates.