• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet The Candidates 04-27-2010

Fireball357

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Hmmm, not one Gubernatorial Candidate? Wow! I guess that show just how important the constituents are to the Candidates.

I should have known they wouldn't show up. They are too afraid to be questioned on their positions on the issues.

The reason there weren’t any Gubernatorial Candidates there was, they all are in full campaign mode and didn’t have enough lead time to make it work.

All 3 leading GOP candidates are from the far eastern part of the state which is 4 hour drive minimum. On a week day night, I’ll give them a little slack on this 1[suP]st[/suP] event.

They have all expressed interest in attending. Scott Paterick and Mark Newman have stated that they will be attending the next event.

I think with the great turnout, they won’t be able to help themselves. They will be tripping over themselves to come and address 80 – 100 folks.

As for any carry issues, there were 3 of us OCing; Goforlow, Countrymama, and myself. Our position on carry and the 2[suP]nd[/suP] Amendment in general was openly discussed and very well supported by all the candidates and concerned citizens attending.

The owner of the establishment signed permission slips to go armed in their establishment that serves alcohol in compliance with Wi. State Statute 941.237(2)(3)(g)

The next event has now been scheduled for June 1[suP]st[/suP] at 7:00 at the Orchard Bar and Grill in Baldwin. http://theorchardofbaldwin.com

If attending Please [/b]plan on coming early and patronizing the restaurant, they have fabulous food.

goforlow

imported post

gleason - so 10 years to someone over 50 is a career?

I will be going to the next event also. This time I plan to partake in the food...it smelled outstanding!

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Are you serious? Hell yes it is a career! What the hell do you think it is? Doylette has been Governor for 8 years do you consider that a career position? It is that kind of thinking that allows the bureaucratic unconstitutional bull crap that has been going on in this state for more the last 10 years or more to continue.

Until we vote out these career politicians and get candidates into office that do not have special interest backing (I.E. The Brady bunch or Bloombergs idiots) things will never change.

IMHO if you have been in political office for 10 years and you have made no attempt to rectify these unconstitutional laws in this state then you need to go.

Quit making excuses for these feckin idiots just for the sake of argument. They need to go period. We need to campaign against every last one of them and get them all removed from office. It is the only way to send a message to our government that we are not going to take it anymore. They will govern for the people and by the people or not at all.

or is that to hard to understand?

To be honest all I am starting to see here is that most of the members here, not all, would be afraid to stand up and campaign against these dead beat politicians. Or prove me wrong.

goforlow

imported post

gleason - first off relax. I have not insulted you, please return the favor.

next, Murtha is 58 years old, he started in politics, as you stated, as a member of a town board at 48 years old. In my opinion, a bit late in life to "start" a career.

Also, I know next to nothing about Murtha. I have no connection to him and at this point don't care what happens to him. I am attending these meeting to try and learn about these candidates. He is not in my district, and I still do not know if I would recommend someone vote for him anyway. My gut reaction is still undecided.

That being said, I am in similar agreement about term limits. If the president cannot be in office longer than 8 years, NO ONE else should be in ANY position any longer.

Quit making excuses? Any political person who is not a servant of the people they are suppose to represent should defiantly be voted out of office. Period!

Hard to understand...I have not insulted you in any way, don't insult me either!
I understand what you stated and agree almost completely. We are probably more similar than you know.

As to standing up to the candidates, I have no fear of questions anyone if I don't agree with them or if I think that they are doing something against the constitution.
Running for office, not me, I don't have the money, and can't speak eloquently. As anyone can see from my posts! :D

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

How did I insult you? When I wrote "is this to hard to understand" I was referring to all voters not an individual poster.

There was no individual or personal attack, period.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

We are all subject to term limits. Except maybe lifers and, with the way the language is being neutered, I'm sure someone will jump up and claim offense.

Death duels would be a good way to cure the hypersensitive gunslinger, sooner of later the regression to the mean will get him - the 'law of averages'.

Captain Nemo

imported post

Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world's estimation. Susan B. Anthony

goforlow

imported post

Gleason - my mistake, I took it personally. My apologies to you.

Nemo - I have no reason to doubt you, but when people ask me why I support someone, I need facts. Can you please post or link to something that Murtha has done that is pro 2A. Thanks.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Captain Nemo wrote:
Tread lightly on John Murtha folks. I know him well. He is on our side.
Q: Does Murtha favor SMALLER GOVERNMENT and the repeal of 941.23, 941.235, and 941.237 OR does he favor a NEW CCW bill that would create yet another government bureaucracy?

The answer to this simple question may well determine who is "on our side."

chauktaw

imported post

Do you have a list of who is invited to the June 1st meeting and who has confirmed on showing up?

countrymama

imported post

I don't have a list of confirmed yet, but here is the flyer with the list of invited. Pretty much the same as before.

Please PM me with your email address if you'd like a pdf version to print and post in places your frequent.

Thanks!

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Just wanted to pass on to everyone that U.S.Congressman Tom Petri is just another one of those "Republicans" that is anti gun. He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.

Make sure you don't vote for him in the elections.