• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our 1st O.C. pic-nic in Boise

John Wolver

imported post

May 2nd Veteran's Park, located on Veterans Parkway and State St.from 2pm-6pm.

Signs will be up announcing David and Yolanda's 30th Anniversary Potluck/ IdCDL event.

Tamales provided by Noemi (David's Daughter)

Ed (ecocks)- 6-2 liter soda & a bag of chips

John (John Wolver)- Potato/Macaroni Salad, cups.

David & Yolanda- refried beans, rice, salsa,salad, cake Pinata if enough kids, so let us know!

No bbq grills present in park so bring own if you want to cook something.

*guns welcome

**Please keep discussion on topic.

***Please post what you are bringing, how many attending.

sykosoft

imported post

We would like to come, my wife, myself, and daughter. (As a note, if at all possible, we don't eat any pork, so please let us know if the tamales will have pork)

Michael

ISRAEL

imported post

Hellow!!!!!!!!!!!!, my daughter is making chicken tamales, and few beef, and if any body wants she will make "Hot Jalapenos peppers" tamales, ,but most are going to be chicken, and home made, . My wife is making fry beans (frijoles) and rice, and I am makink a type of "cabbage" salad very close that we in El Salvador eat, the only difference is in the vinager here we use apple vinager and in El Salvador we use pinapple. I hope people will love it. and a pinneapple cake for our anniversary I hope to see a lot of O.Ciers there. Israel.

Pd. no gift for us. and if we have a lot of kids, we will have a pinata for them. :celebrate:celebrate

It is my wife and I saynig "Gracias" for coming to our cellebration.

Dicky-doo

imported post

When is this picnic? I don't see a date. I have a Concealed Carry permit but I am interested in this open carry movement. I have only open carried in rural areas never in the city yet.

Sorry, Now I see the date.

ISRAEL

imported post

I hope you can maket to the pic nic, I am praying for a nice day, it is going to be wanderful to see a lot of O.C. people at one time.

I used to c.c. but now I o.c. most of the time.

ecocks

imported post

Looking like between 25 and 35. Gonna be a lot of tamales going down on Sunday!

ISRAEL

imported post

Last year Boise Weekly did an article about it, and that was the way I learned about O.C. I think it was a good interview of John and somebody else(I have not see him at the meetings any more,I guess he left town?), John can tell you more about the interview.

Dicky-doo

imported post

Would you welcome the media or rather not have them around at this picnic? I am not with the media, I just think it might be an opportunity to get the word out about open carry and 2nd amendment rights. Maybe let people know that more and more citizens are arming themselves and not to panic about it.

ISRAEL

imported post

I have no problem whith de media, or police "force" It will be nice if they come, at the same time in the park it is going to be another party for children, I am not shure if is going to be close to us or some place far in the park, my friend said that is called in sapanish "El Dia de los Ninos" (the children's day) it is sponsor by the catholic church, that means it will be a lot of people, and we need to look good and professional, and kind and"meek"?, you know what I mean. Your vaquero friend, Israel,

ecocks

imported post

We go, eat some good food, have a good time and be "normal" simple and easy enough.

The problem will be if anyone tries to "send a message".

To me, this is just a group of like-minded individuals celebrating Dave and Yolanda's Anniversary. Friends are welcome, carry or not, Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative.

If you're not friendly, go find your own area.

John Wolver

imported post

there is a short list at the top of the thread, as to what is being brought already. anything you want to bring however would be welcomed.

ecocks

imported post

A great time was had by all!

I counted 45 people attending the picnic. Roughly a dozen carrying, many children and wives. No problems (except the groaning from all the wonderful food) from neighbors, police or anyone else.

I'll post pictures later after sorting them out a bit.

John Wolver

imported post

In fact many new people were informed/ invited to attend our meeting and join our organization. Events like these is what helps us to inflate our membership. great job everyone making us look like a bunch of responsible carrying adults at a family function where a great time was had by all.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Good job on a great turnout and organizing a fun event! Maybe one of these days I won't have to work while the other boys are out playing. :)