Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Anyone going to the Opening Day for the Richmond Flying Squirrels on Thursday?

  1. #1
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    Proactive Shooters will be there as we are a sponsor for the team for 2010.

    The stadium is owned by the RMA so I plan on carrying. I've already mentioned it to the sales rep and he indicated that it would be no problem.

    Look for our ad in your game day program!






    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    314

    Post imported post

    What are the game day details? Time and prices and such! You asked if anyone was going but didn't say when it was! : )

  3. #3
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    ClumsyCandy wrote:
    What are the game day details? Time and prices and such! You asked if anyone was going but didn't say when it was! : )


    http://www.squirrelsbaseball.com
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  4. #4
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Post imported post

    ProShooter wrote:
    ClumsyCandy wrote:
    What are the game day details? Time and prices and such! You asked if anyone was going but didn't say when it was! : )
    http://www.squrrelsbaseball.com
    Classic mis-type squatter website!

    http://www.squirrelsbaseball.com/

    TFred

  5. #5
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    TFred wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    ClumsyCandy wrote:
    What are the game day details? Time and prices and such! You asked if anyone was going but didn't say when it was! : )
    http://www.squrrelsbaseball.com
    Classic mis-type squatter website!

    http://www.squirrelsbaseball.com/

    TFred
    Haha, thanks TFred!

    Thats what happens when I stay up past my bed time!
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  6. #6
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    OC'd there tonight without an issue at all.
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisa County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    821

    Post imported post

    So was opening day "free nuts and bird feeder" day?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    970

    Post imported post

    Wow, I thought this was a joke. Then I went to their website and saw that their name is actually the Flying Squirrels!

  9. #9
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Post imported post

    hunter45 wrote:
    Wow, I thought this was a joke. Then I went to their website and saw that their name is actually the Flying Squirrels!
    It is a joke. It just happens to be true. Perhaps the word we're looking for is "laughingstock".

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...mp;forum_id=54

    TFred


  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fredericksburg, ,
    Posts
    8

    Post imported post

    I'd like to go see these squirrels.

    I've always disarmed myself at the Diamond when the Braves were there. Signs/Website specifically prohibits weapons of any kind and a nice Richmond PD uniformed officer there to give me trouble, I'm sure, If I were to try to open carry.

    Similarly, I've never carried to see the Richmond Renegades at the Coliseum. They were terrible about lying on their website about prohibiting handguns.

    Even after they changed the website when VCDL challenged them, 2 months later the prohibition verbiage was right back on the site.

    I feel sure I will be turned away at the gate, at the minimum, at either venue if I'm open carrying...Anyone here OC'd at either place successfully?



  11. #11
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Post imported post

    TGT1 wrote:
    I'd like to go see these squirrels.

    I've always disarmed myself at the Diamond when the Braves were there. Signs/Website specifically prohibits weapons of any kind and a nice Richmond PD uniformed officer there to give me trouble, I'm sure, If I were to try to open carry.

    Similarly, I've never carried to see the Richmond Renegades at the Coliseum. They were terrible about lying on their website about prohibiting handguns.

    Even after they changed the website when VCDL challenged them, 2 months later the prohibition verbiage was right back on the site.

    I feel sure I will be turned away at the gate, at the minimum, at either venue if I'm open carrying...Anyone here OC'd at either place successfully?
    I only looked a little, but what I found here didn't mention weapons.

    Just that you can't throw things.

    TFred

  12. #12
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    TGT1 wrote:
    I feel sure I will be turned away at the gate, at the minimum, at either venue if I'm open carrying...Anyone here OC'd at either place successfully?



    See above.

    I OC'd in the Diamond for the game (as I have done in the past) without an issue. I interacted with any number of staff members, stood there while security checked my bag, etc. Not a word was said.

    Also, I never saw a police officer all night. I don't think that they were there.
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fredericksburg, ,
    Posts
    8

    Post imported post

    Looks like times have changed. Awesome that you OC'd to the Diamond. They prohibited weapons just two years ago.

    As for the coliseum website, looks like they've gone back to not prohibiting weapons.

    I'd still like to hear from anyone who OC'd there (Richmond Coliseum) and made it through the gate.

    VCDL actually pointed the preemption law out to them, so they took the weapon language down temporarily, only to re-word it and put it back up a month later. This was fall of last year. I went to the site and they've completely re-done it since then.

    I guess this is progress. For the first time in my life, I can honestly say I'm proud of my State..err...Commonwealth!

    FYI: In case you didn't catch this whole battle, here's a quick summary of how it went down -> http://www.ammoland.com/2009/09/07/v...-policy-again/


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •